I'm really kicking myself right now. When I was getting my bike back on the road earlier this year I was out of work and just took out TPFT insurance with the idea of bumping it up to fully comp later. Cost was £76 versus £240. Then my bike was rear ended at my works car park 17 days ago. No real problem I thought as I had all the drivers details etc and there can't be any doubt over liability etc since I wasn't any where near the bike at the time. Damage is mostly cosmetic but expensive none the less.

Well, my bike has been sat at the assessors/repairers in Ringwood for 14 days now, and the estimate went of to the third party insurers 12 days ago. This morning I had a call from the driver who hit the bike saying she had just received a form from her insurers and can she have my policy number please? WTF! Over 2 weeks and she hasn't even filled the form in yet or admitted liability!!!

As soon as I get my bike back, I will bump the insurance up to fully comp. I'm lucky that I have a car to get to work in otherwise I'm really screwed since there is no public transport I could use. I know for some of you guys the insurance costs are huge but do bear in mind the additional costs you may have if your bike is off the road for 2 months.

And there could be no financial compensation large enough to make up for missing a certain PINK event coming up.