Notices

Thread: tax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: tax 
    My tax went from £31 to £62 when I changed from a 250 to a 1200, Double >
    but my insurance only went up £15:03 about 15% !!!! ;D

2. Re: tax 
    Old bikes and cars are tax exempt. It was on a rolling year but they stopped it after a couple of years, probably when they realised how much money they were losing. I believe it is pre 72 or 73 but I may be wrong.

You still have to go through the motions of presenting everything at the post office and displaying a valid tax disc, it just say 'historic vehicle' instead of a price. I think they had a skewed idea that if you have an old vehicle you were not gonna use it much - they were very much mistaken!

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: tax 
    Tax should be void for bikes as there is very little road damage (yes I know that the revenue helps with street lights etc) but what I pay a year for my GSXR1000 takes the piss!!!!!!!

4. Re: tax 
    Diamond Member
    Old Chestnut but if they scrapped it completely and put it on fuel people wouldnt be able to dodge it and those people who did the most damage/miles would pay the most! It would then be a fair tax(?)!

Also it would (in theory) may (some) people use more eco-friendly vehicles rather than gas guzzlers!

Im now off to hug a tree! PEACE MAN!!!

5. Re: tax 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amante 271
    Old Chestnut but if they scrapped it completely and put it on fuel people wouldnt be able to dodge it and those people who did the most damage/miles would pay the most! It would then be a fair tax(?)!

Also it would (in theory) may (some) people use more eco-friendly vehicles rather than gas guzzlers!

Im now off to hug a tree! PEACE MAN!!!
    it's good idea in thoeroy. there thinking of introducing more toll roads too! :-? :-/

6. Re: tax 
    Diamond Member
    I wouldn't have a problem with the tax if our roads were more biker friendly. In other european countries I have driven in the number of manhole or similar covers in the middle of the road is far less than here. In America the authorities have to put them in safer places for fear of being sued. Gravel is another problem we have with the poor verge maintenance we have outside of the towns and cities.

7. Re: tax 
    Platinum Member
    i couldn't agree more with you there, it like they don't care about us bikers :-[