Notices

Thread: Bikesafe 2006

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Bikesafe 2006 
    Sounds good, I think I will try and get on the one in April. Still trying to get use to the Blackbird so this may well help me to get confindence, as this is my first bike over 600cc.

2. Re: Bikesafe 2006 
    Last time I did it you only got 5% and that was with Bennetts only... not a full coverage discount >. Still bloody good tho, spurred me onto RoSPA observed rides and all it involves 8-)

3. Re: Bikesafe 2006 
    RoSPA?? whats that??

4. Re: Bikesafe 2006 
    Like IAM but cheaper and you get assessed every three years so you dont pick up bad habits.
    Not (as everyone imagines) stuck up old farts, jus guys who are willing to impart good roadcraft knowledge keepin my ass off the floor.
    £15 to be an associate, then £10 per assessed ride (personal tutor/rideout buddy ) then take a test and become bronze , silver or gold (if ur into all that). Gold is the highest civilian grade. Its good fun and VERY useful

http://www.glos-roada.org.uk/

5. Re: Bikesafe 2006 
    I've booked myself and Dutch on the course for the 23rd April.

It's got to be worth getting the tips from the police riders, they are bloody good and could crap all over most peoples riding.

especially as the course is free, gotta be a day well spent I think

6. Re: Bikesafe 2006 
    not sure if I can make the june date but will check and sign myself up!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

7. Re: Bikesafe 2006 
    Platinum Member
    Any idea how many you can get on each date - I'm sure my sis would be up for this too as she's not ridden much since passing.............

8. Re: Bikesafe 2006 
    It says on the letter 'places are limited' so probably better to get in soon. Contact organiser Colin at colinreeves@wiltshire.gov.uk or have a browse around the website www.bikesafe.co.uk which is about Bikesafe generally and then follow the link to the Wiltshire section.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

9. Re: Bikesafe 2006 
    A group of 5 of me and mates have been booked on the 14th may for a while, should be a good crack according to people who have been b4 and obviously worth it to be told how crap i ride lol

10. Re: Bikesafe 2006 
    Platinum Member
    I will be booking a place but neet to sort out some free time, been rideing since I was 17 but you never stop learning, and if you get cheaper ins, well can't be bad.