Quote Originally Posted by Gav
[quote author=Foo link=1158687882/0#9 date=1158948901]firstly moaned like hell cause i brought 2 bikes in and 4 sets of wheels and supplied the tyres myself. (1 set of dry ytres per bike and 1 set of wets per bike)

told me I'd have to come back in the afternoon to collect, but i'd rung ahead and was told it wouldn't be a problem as they could do it whilst I waited.

the old guy was swearing at me when I explained this and told them I had to get to Cadwell before lunchtime

had me wait for over an hour for the tyres to be changed

they put the front tyres on the wrong way round then got ****ty (more swearing) with me when I pointed this out and told me I should have told them (huh) and i had to wait another 1/2 hour

and then, to add insult to injury charged me 20 quid per wheel, FFS I can get them done for a fiver per wheel at the track so it cost me 160 quid for 8 tyre changes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUCH

Oh and this isnt meant as a dig or to get at you, but this is where our problem is...

You would have known you had to be at cadwell for that afternoon....so why on earth leave it till the last possible minute to get it done puttin pressure on people that could have been avoided by some forward planning...
Like i said really not meant as a dig so please dont take offence to it...Gav[/quote]

im sorry Gave but what has that got to do with the customer service experience I had with Bike treads? I rang ahead, explained what i needed and they said 'not a problem' if they'd explained that they were busy i'd have understood and gone elsewhere with the potential to come back to Bike Treads with further business.

£20 per wheel IS steep, and 4 of the wheels were loose (you stated in a post you have to charge for removing wheels from the bike). They said because it was a rush job that was the reason for charging the premium of £20.

please don't take this as a personal insult its an opinion on my experience when dealing with a company.