Notices

Thread: Ad a little off

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Ad a little off 
    Platinum Member
    Ad a little off yesterday :-[, coming up from Rowde, at the T junction where you go left to Devizes, stopped behind some lady driver >, ( I have a golden rule, I don't even look to see if there any traffic untill the person in front of me pulls off, cos in the past I looked,....huge gap,.... you assume they will go,.....and they DONT!!) so waited till she started to pull off, looked to my right,.....yes big gap, can follow her out, perfect hill start as I look to my left,....yes you got she stopped!!!!!!, this is the cool bit, BIG ENDO if I had been riding proper with my right foot up on the peg I could have used the back brake, anyway as the front went down my front mud gaurd scuffed her rear bumper, or disturbed the dirt, but cors given the cambre of the road and the size of my bike off I went, elegently, I may add, no damage to either me or me bike. her daughter jumped out (very tasty) checked if I was ok and shouted back at mum "Mum your always doing that if you gonna go GO!". Never have I been so glad to see another biker, he was passing, stopped and helped me get the bike back on two wheels, what a lucky boy I am.

Lessons
    1. Don't look right, see a big gap then Simultaneously look left and pull out.
    2. do always keep right foot on peg to cover rear brake
    3. If there is a tasty Daughter taking your side GET HER NUMBER dow!

2. Re: Ad a little off 
    Stu
    Glad your ok and no damage.

Why are lessons always learn't the hard way...at least you done a stoppie and met a fit chick (even if you didn't get her number!)

3. Re: Ad a little off 
    good to hear you and the bike are ok mate! must admit I'm awful at covering the back brake lately
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

4. Re: Ad a little off 
    Platinum Member
    glad to hear your ok, i wouldn't wanna be under yuor bike when it goes down!

5. Re: Ad a little off 
    Pulling stoppies and birds You'll be outside the chip shop next doing burnouts and scaring old ladies. ;D

6. Re: Ad a little off 
    Blue, what are you like? Don't answer that. Glad to hear you and bike are ok. Thats a big beastie to get back upright!

Trust you to take time to eye up the talent! did Mum apologise at least?

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

7. Re: Ad a little off 
    Sorry to hear bout your lil' 'off' Blue but glad you r ok.......

Silver x

8. Re: Ad a little off 
    are you absolutely sure bluebiker247 that you weren't oggling the daughter prior to your off ??

9. Re: Ad a little off 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BB
    Blue, what are you like? Don't answer that. Glad to hear you and bike are ok. Thats a big beastie to get back upright!

Trust you to take time to eye up the talent! did Mum apologise at least?

BB
    You are talking about my bike BB :

10. Re: Ad a little off 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hippychick
    are you absolutely sure bluebiker247 that you weren't oggling the daughter prior to your off ??
    Noooooo no point I'd given all the sweets away outside the school gates :-/

ne nar ne nar ne nar