Notices

Thread: so what's everyone up to?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. so what's everyone up to? 
    seems to have been a bit quiet round here lately so thought I'd see what everyone's been up to? Have you been out on any good rides lately?

I've been watching my bike get more and more dusty as we have builders in at home Took it over to BB's on Monday (I think she approves) and had a bit of a blast on the way home - still getting used to using all the revs hehe

Not sure if I'll get down to poole on tuesday, I'm hoping to get over to Lysley on Monday so might see a few people there
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

2. Re: so what's everyone up to? 
    I did approve, Dabz. A lovely bike, really neat - if a little dusty! ;D

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: so what's everyone up to? 
    Diamond Member
    Well today I'm working from home as the car is in for a service. So come 5 o'clock or similar tonight I'll be broke as I need to get some new front tyres for the car as well (which I knew about before it went in for a service).

The joys of travelling the country for sales! If only people were buying now rather than early next year!

4. Re: so what's everyone up to? 
    I'm off to Matlock Bath on Saturday and coming back on Monday............all on me 125!!!!!

Going with the 125 Biker Club...................About 30 of us.

Should be great fun....going on to the Snake Pass/Cat and Fiddle Run when we get there.......if my sore arse will let me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver x

5. Re: so what's everyone up to? 
    Hi, Very busy at work, but did go on a run around the New Forest at the weekend, trouble with the 30 / 40 limits it's hard to get out of 2nd or 3rd gear on the Hog , to be honest it was more fun on the 250 Raptor, but hey, it's good out of the villages...

6. Re: so what's everyone up to? 
    Diamond Member
    Bikes still sitting at repairers - there's a problem getting the fairing panels from BMW delaying everything. I spoke with them earlier in the week and they have agreed to fit everything else, return the bike and send on the fairing stuff later. They should have started work on this today (thursday) so I should get the bike back next week sometime albeit with scratches.

Been tinkering with the old CB900F - needs a few new o-rings for the carbs, a couple of valve shims, new fork seals/stanchion, chain & sprockets and tyres. Then it could be my rat bike and annoy the neighbours. It does make a lovely noise!

7. Re: so what's everyone up to? 
    Diamond Member
    Work, work and more Fnerkin work!! Off shortly to spend 3 days fundraising at the wonderous Membury Service Station on the M4!! Yippee ****ing doo!! At least I should raise £250 - 300 a day!!

Currently demating moral dilema over weather to take a not 100% road legal bike to the pink meet! : Just to prove Ive got one!!

8. Re: so what's everyone up to? 
    Not alot really

9. Re: so what's everyone up to? 
    I've been on honeymoon then working so haven't been out on the bike much. Also, my tyres have become slightly unroadworthy so the bike has been in the garage for a few days. Am really pleased though new set of tyres, sorted the idling problem and did the valve clearances for £167. Steve Lynham rawks!

10. Re: so what's everyone up to? 
    No bikeing for me till Feb!!! sob sob have had to leave the yellow perill behind while serving Queen and country in Bosnia! some of the roads here would be two wheel awsome if you dont mind a run off into a minefield! lol