Notices

Thread: Lunatics......hooligans.....maniacs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Lunatics......hooligans.....maniacs 
    yes.........those three words are describing a couple of bikers on a nice blast out in wales (by that twat Richard Brunstrom.......nuff said)

shock horror........speeding at around 100mph!!!!

wheelie'ing at 70mph

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...547909,00.html

video 'ere>> http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/vi...6_0930,00.html

ok........apart from 1 cheeky hard shoulder move......the rest is fairly sedate

so if that is reckless then i'm evil kneivel
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

2. Re: Lunatics......hooligans.....maniacs 
    Platinum Member
    I'm not a big fan of undertaking, didn't think they were going that fast really tho :-?

3. Re: Lunatics......hooligans.....maniacs 
    Dont see the problem!

4. Re: Lunatics......hooligans.....maniacs 
    Diamond Member
    I wouldn't do what they've done, but apart from the undertake on the hard shoulder, that kind of thing happens all of the time on the motorway's around here.... and it's not all by couriers.

5. Re: Lunatics......hooligans.....maniacs 
    to be honset i think they just proved why we're so hated! speed not the problem just the undertaking at speed the cars wont no ur there and could pull out on u at any moment. i would ride that fast yes, and consider the occasional undertake also but would never ride continually that badly

6. Re: Lunatics......hooligans.....maniacs 
    Like Scott, I wouldn't habitually do what they were doing but apart from the hard shoulder undertake I thought they were pretty smooth & tidy riders.

At several points I did feel the cars they caught up & followed for a time could have moved over out of the way and let them past - would have reduced the need for an undertake. But then a lot of car drivers won't do that out of awkwardness, idiocy or simply don't look in the rear view & see what is there!

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

7. Re: Lunatics......hooligans.....maniacs 
    So, the two cars pulling trailers in the outside lane are ok then? Not speeding?

Cars in the outside reason for no reason, not overtaking? Thats ok too.

The hard shoulder thing was a bit pointless, but I noticed that at no point were they just diving through the traffic, there was always a little pause before they made the overtake, which they then did swiftly and efficiently.

A good display of how to make progress on the roads to be honest, and exactly how I do it, every time I'm out.

I guess I must be a lunatic. :

8. Re: Lunatics......hooligans.....maniacs 
    gixerjonny
    me two

9. Re: Lunatics......hooligans.....maniacs 
    oh dear i feel like a prude now, but i guess if u can ride like that safely then y not?

10. Re: Lunatics......hooligans.....maniacs 
    Wouldn't ride like that personally, don't see the point in actively putting yourself in danger. Wasn't at all impressed by the guy following, he kept bunching up to the guy in front and following him blindly through every move, seemed to be pack mentality rather than riding for his/her own safety,