Notices

Thread: Rizla Track day!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    There is another aspect too.

Regardless of the amount of track time involved, racing is to track daying what track daying is to road biking.
    There really is no contest.

Jen.

2. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Platinum Member
    Pussy......Huh,You have no respec for your betters Jen!! (You got your own crosser then,may be tempted if you have!)
    The 15k was just what i'd read in a recent article in Superbike.....Seems like that was a conservative amount according to the people interviewed!
    Too be honest,i Haven't got any spare cash to go racing or i'd already be doing it! :'(
    As for the racing/track day analogy,totally agree mate!

3. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    and just think mate..........this trackday would have never have happened without a tip off from some eagle-eyed geordie type bloke!!

re: 15k...........what race series was that for?

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

4. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_richie
    [quote author=Gav link=1162578956/15#17 date=1162633969]But to what avail....
    Anyone over the age of 20 will never go anywhere from racing apart from gain a couple of shiny things maybe to stick on the mantle piece...
    If you spend time on track cus you love riding you will get far more track time on track days than racing.

call me Mr.Obvious Gav..............but maybe people enjoy racing as much as simply riding on the track.

so what if people aren't going to get anywhere with it, if they enjoy doing something then whats wrong with that? i'm not going to be the next alan shearer (although hair styles are similar : ), but that doesn't put me off playing football.

if everyone didn't bother playing sports or doing other hobbies just because it was obvious they weren't going to be world champions, then it would be a pretty boring world.

[/quote]
    Does playing football cost you about 5k a year, or risk gettin shunted big style for position???

The point i was trying to make is if its for love of riding a bike on track then more track time, in a safer enviroment can be had by track daying...
    If its for the Addrenalin rush from sitting on a start line with 20 other bikes heading for the same bit of tarmac at the same time then thats cool too.

But 5k + pushing to the linit for position + higher chance of having a off which could result in time off work = sometimes its better to just track day.
    If it was a simple eqasion then we would all be racing every weekend dont ya think?

5. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    ok mate, i see what you are getting at. point taken. but at the end of the day, if we all had the money to be racing well i'm damn sure most of us would be doing exactly that every weekend..........if we wanted to.

i would love to do racing. bikes, karts, rallying.......or anything to do with speed and petrol fumes.

if i had the money i would, but i don't, so i can't.

but like anything life there is a risk. and like everyone else in the world they have a choice whether to take that risk or not.

agreed football wouldn't have the same severity of injuries as motorbike racing 'potentially has', but i still get hurt, kicked about the pitch by some fat, half pissed up neanderthal defender. i've seen people get knocked out, fractured skulls, broken legs etc etc playing football. who would have thought that of such a slow speed game? point being is............its a choice!

anyway...........i was initially replying to your earlier post before your second point came into play ............but i'll say this........ if i got to the stage where i could afford to go racing and managed to win a couple of cheap shiney things to put on my mantelpiece then i would be well happy.

pm Foo for more details 8-)

6. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Hopefully Foo will see this thread and give some proper insight into racing.........................trackdays are great fun but are not really that competitive.

If I had the cash, and Mrs Sprocket let me, then I would be racing without a shadow of doubt................it wouldn't be about winning the tin cup but seeing just what I was truly capable of when it comes to riding a bike and beating every fecker out there that I could. I will not go to that limit on a track day cos I don't want to bin my road bike.

7. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_richie
    ok mate, i see what you are getting at. point taken. but at the end of the day, if we all had the money to be racing well i'm damn sure most of us would be doing exactly that every weekend..........if we wanted to.

i would love to do racing. bikes, karts, rallying.......or anything to do with speed and petrol fumes.

if i had the money i would, but i don't, so i can't.

but like anything life there is a risk. and like everyone else in the world they have a choice whether to take that risk or not.

agreed football wouldn't have the same severity of injuries as motorbike racing 'potentially has', but i still get hurt, kicked about the pitch by some fat, half pissed up neanderthal defender. i've seen people get knocked out, fractured skulls, broken legs etc etc playing football. who would have thought that of such a slow speed game? point being is............its a choice!

anyway...........i was initially replying to your earlier post before your second point came into play ............but i'll say this........ if i got to the stage where i could afford to go racing and managed to win a couple of cheap shiney things to put on my mantelpiece then i would be well happy.

pm Foo for more details 8-)
    Thats ok fella, i dont think the 1st reply very well at all, so my bad!!!!

If it came to it and we all had the cash we would all be raceing....but in the real world its alot of money and risk that can be avoided really.
    Having said that i would love to have a go, just to say yeah iv done that...

8. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Platinum Member
    Ditto Rex!
    Plus,I think I would miss riding on the road if I turned mine in a full time race bike......Wouldn't know untill I tried I spose'!
    Dunno what race series it was mate and the mag has hit the bin now!
    The article was all about club racing tho',nothing fancy.......Some guy had spent 47k on racing for the year!!

9. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Thats the unfotunate thing with most of the club level racing now, its the guys with money that get good results, not talent...

Have you been to some of the North wilts and Glos meetings, some of the guys there have fully sponcered rides and pit crews and motor homes.....how can Joe average compete with that......erm....no

Serious money can be spent for the top guys, new bike each season, new tyrez for each meeting, and bike development through the season.... 15k could very easily come and go...

10. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    i haven't been to any of the NG road racing series meets, but i'm good friends with a bloke who has been racing there for sometime.

he's raced 250's, 400's and 600's. reckons the 250's and the 400's are the best series to go for. more competitive........less cost. the 600 series however is where all the money is thrown at. too much money in fact!! ten kate bling here and there.

but racing is racing. i would be more than happy to be able afford 250's or 400's.

competitive spirit is the same for any racing i imagine. even on those poxy indoor kart tracks or the old bmx'ing days or anything really. if you have that competitive edge, you do whatever you can for get that winning high