Notices

Thread: Rizla Track day!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Yes, the crowd reaction was absolutly amazing whenever the boys on the Norton's got in front!

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

2. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    same reaction in every country they raced in just a shame the teams money run out

3. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Perhaps you'll recognise this then.....

anyway....

Nice one GB, why don't you start racing proper then? Thats not a dig before anyone jumps on it, genuine question.

Sounds like a fantastic day. JR is indeed an extreamly approachable guy. Met him in the summer after Desmojen organised a visit to our work place.

Nice pics too
    Steve

you make me dizzy running circles in my head
    www.speedsnap.co.uk

4. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Platinum Member
    Mate,i'd love too and i know I could do well but its all about the dosh.......About 15K a year of it!!

5. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    19 is the bike steve hislop won the 92 tt on 5 is the 1990 tt superbike winning machine both bikes are at birmingham..... i think

6. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Correct jj, both are in the Motorcycle museum, with a bunch more from the team.

Isn't money a bitch. I know what you mean GB. Stops too many people doing good things.
    Steve

you make me dizzy running circles in my head
    www.speedsnap.co.uk

7. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Quote Originally Posted by GixerBoy
    Mate,i'd love too and i know I could do well but its all about the dosh.......About 15K a year of it!!
    Not sure where you've got that from mate??
    You can race EMRA roadstocks on your normal road machine for very very little, around £800 in entries, then tyres, which have to be road legal, are up to you.
    I expect you could do a season for a couple of thou at worst. As long as you don't fall off that is.
    The pace you were on at that trackday would see you running around mid pack ish, but I expect you'd pick it up a bit being out there with the real lunatics!

There are other cheap racing options out there too, DesmoDue, CB500's and Hornet cup spring to mind.

Since you are too much of a pussy to ride my crosser though........... ;D

Jen.

8. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    But to what avail....
    Anyone over the age of 20 will never go anywhere from racing apart from gain a couple of shiny things maybe to stick on the mantle piece...
    If you spend time on track cus you love riding you will get far more track time on track days than racing.

9. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    looks like a cool day in the advanced group...wouldn't expect anything less hehe
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

10. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav
    But to what avail....
    Anyone over the age of 20 will never go anywhere from racing apart from gain a couple of shiny things maybe to stick on the mantle piece...
    If you spend time on track cus you love riding you will get far more track time on track days than racing.

call me Mr.Obvious Gav..............but maybe people enjoy racing as much as simply riding on the track.

so what if people aren't going to get anywhere with it, if they enjoy doing something then whats wrong with that? i'm not going to be the next alan shearer (although hair styles are similar : ), but that doesn't put me off playing football.

if everyone didn't bother playing sports or doing other hobbies just because it was obvious they weren't going to be world champions, then it would be a pretty boring world.

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.