Notices

Thread: Rizla Track day!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Platinum Member
    To be honest,I don't think that I could step down to a 600,let alone a 400......Thou power is the only way for this GixerBoy!

2. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Having fun on a bike is not all about cc's!! :-*

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Platinum Member
    You won't be saying that when you get round to twisting the throttle on the FZ all the way round to the stop BB!! ;D

4. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    OK here's my input, but please bear in mind, it's my opinion and like arseholes, everyone's got one

Yes racing's expensive, this year was my first year in racing and I reckon it's cost me around the 10k mark. That said i could sell everything I've bought and regain around half of that.

The race entry fee's are around the same price as a track day but for a lot less track time. Around 4 races per weekend and there's around 8 laps per race and 10 minutes practice.

I've done all 9 meets with Derby Phoenix which equates to 36 races (give or take a few) but raced at tracks such as Donny, Snetterton, Mallory, Cadwell, Croft and Oulton.

Racing is a whole different ball game to track days. I love my track day's but after racing it seems such a chilled day.

The adrenilin rush is like no other I've experienced before, the high's of doing well are fantastic but as a result a bad day can be terrible and at worst life threatening.

I've come away with improving my riding by a huge amount, memories that most will never have and 2 plastic trophies - i wouldn't have done it any other way.

Track dayers are always digging at me at track day's and i've now found myself a target and often overheard people saying 'she ain't all that and she races' 'my lap times were faster than her and she races' what you have to remember is that i'm only playing on a track day. On race day i have a very different head on. Every lap counts, no one gives a **** what excuse you have for having a bad race, and i'm taking my end result over all the laps i've done and not just my best one lap of the entire day.

As someone once said 'when the flag drops the bull**** stops'

I started racing because i wanted to see how i stacked up against people in a competitive environment.

I race in 400's which i feel is one of the most competitive classes mainly because there's only so many bhp you can squeeze out of the machine. I really don't think in club racing that money gives you good results. I've seen people win races on standard machines. DP have an open class where any level of rider is against any size of machine and at Donny we had a 250 win the race!!!

I've written a piece about my year which I'll post in here in a minute so you can get an idea of what it's been like. Hope you enjoy reading it.

5. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    I'm not saying you can't have fun on big bikes, just that you can have a lot of fun on smaller bikes too.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

6. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Platinum Member
    l will have to take your word for that BB!

7. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Platinum Member
    Thanks for that Foo!

8. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Quote Originally Posted by BB
    I'm not saying you can't have fun on big bikes, just that you can have a lot of fun on smaller bikes too.

BB

i agree BB, i used to ride a 750 on the track last year and i actually think my 400 is more fun. I've done a trackday at donny this year, was in the fast group and the only time people ever came past me was on the straights i can deal with that and i did chuckle slightly passing them on the corners ;D

9. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Quote Originally Posted by GixerBoy
    Thanks for that Foo!

ok so i've had a couple of glasses of wine and now i'm prattling on : you aint seen my other thread yet lol

http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi...1162677795/0#0

10. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    I just pinched this off another site, but I had read it in the M/C press anyway...

Did You Know…………..
    That ‘Rocket’ Ron Haslam recently lapped the Donnington Park GP circuit in 2m 30.1s on a standard Honda CBR125R,just over 3 secs slower than one of his race school CBR600RRs. Who needs 1000cc’s?
    Unquote

BB