Notices

Thread: Rizla Track day!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Quote Originally Posted by GixerBoy
    Pussy......Huh,You have no respec for your betters Jen!! (You got your own crosser then,may be tempted if you have!)
    The 15k was just what i'd read in a recent article in Superbike.....Seems like that was a conservative amount according to the people interviewed!
    Too be honest,i Haven't got any spare cash to go racing or i'd already be doing it! :'(
    As for the racing/track day analogy,totally agree mate!

Glad you agree with something I say dude ;D And you're right, I do struggle with respect ;D

You mustn't automatically assume that you are better than me just because you can beat me on the road though sweety, after all, you are a racing wannabe and I am not

I did half a season on my Ducati before cash stopped play, with a best postion of 11th and I came 17th in the championship out of 30 odd.
    I could have done better on a 400 simply because there are more novices to play with in that class (there were only 3 or 4 in my class at the time), but I used the bike I already had rather than spending out getting another.

That is the thing, racing only needs to cost what you want it to, there's no need to spend thousands, especially in a novice season.
    You already have tyre warmers, and probably a genny, all you really need on top of that is a van (to sleep in ) The rest of it is just icing on the cake.

Nothing I have ever done since (apart from maybe hanging off the ramp of a Hercules in flight or wingwalking) has had the same buzz as waiting on that grid had!

And yes, I will have my own crosser soon so being a pussy will not be an option

Jen.

2. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Platinum Member
    Ooh,you are sooooo gonna get it when we get to do a track day together........Respect won't be the half of it baby!!
    Oh,and give me a shout when you get your 'crosser'.......Should be a laugh...For you! :-[

3. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Platinum Member
    [quote author=BB link=1162578956/30#39 date=1162722911]I just pinched this off another site, but I had read it in the M/C press anyway...

Did You Know…………..
    That ‘Rocket’ Ron Haslam recently lapped the Donnington Park GP circuit in 2m 30.1s on a standard Honda CBR125R,just over 3 secs slower than one of his race school CBR600RRs. Who needs 1000cc’s?
    Unquote

I'll tell you who,us mere mortals thats who!!
    :P

4. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Yes yes we all know in the real world a 600 will do and offer everything we can handle, but there really is no comprimise for CC's....

5. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav
    Yes yes we all know in the real world a 600 will do and offer everything we can handle, but there really is no comprimise for CC's....

Apart from the skill of the idiot in the saddle!! ;D ;D

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

6. Re: Rizla Track day! 
    Quote Originally Posted by GixerBoy
    Ooh,you are sooooo gonna get it when we get to do a track day together........Respect won't be the half of it baby!!
    Oh,and give me a shout when you get your 'crosser'.......Should be a laugh...For you! :-[

That's ok, I've got big shoulders. I'm well past the point where I have anything to prove, to anyone, other than myself. It's Lee you need to beat, not me 8-)

I have a theory ref. engine size too, but I'm too tired to bore you all with it just now.

Nighty night

Jen.