Notices

Thread: At last MK II

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. At last MK II 
    As some of you may or may not be aware, I've had a right nightmare with leathers this year.

It all started off in February when I bought a new set of Alpinestars 1 piece leathers from demon tweeks as my old set were feeling their age (plus an off at donny didn't help either). Anyway.......saw a set of SX-1 leathers at a decent reduced price and decided to buy them. Happy days......or so i thought.

Got the leathers at the start of March and was well happy with them. But after a couple of weeks i noticed that the stitching around the right arm cuff was coming away, and then a month or so after that a small patch appeared on the front of the leathers where the colouring was coming off.

"Only leathers" I thought, they aren't going to stay pristine forever. But another month went past and another patch appeared on the front. Now at this point I began to become unhappy about the situation and emailed demon tweeks to see what could be done about the 'faults'.

Got an email straight back saying that Alpinestars wanted the leathers sent to them so they can repair the suit, a turnaround of 7-10 days!! 2 MONTHS LATER!!.........got the leathers back. the stitching had been done, but one of the patches hadn't been touched and the other one looked like my 4 year old niece had coloured it in with a felt tip.........a wrong coloured blue felt tip at that!!

anyway........more emails sent.......unhappy emails at that. wanted a replacement suit cos obviously they are **** at repairing them. at first alpinestars weren't going to but then they agreed. needed to send mine back first, and then i was told it would be 7-10 days until i got the new set (the 'magical' 7-10 days). 1 MONTH LATER!!!........got a new set of leathers..........unfortunately not the design of leathers i originally had! FFS!!!

at this point i was fuming..........i'd missed out on a biking weekend away in wales.........plus was meant to be going to france to the magny-cours WSB meet so i wrote the mother of all emails. 2 hours later 'Luca' from alpinestars was ringing me up. they offered to replace and upgrade my suit to a MX-1 and were dreadfully sorry about the whole issue.

so..........today.........i finally received my new leathers..........just in time for winter! lol its only taken from July 23rd (date of when i sent off my original leathers)

Its been emotional! :

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

2. Re: At last MK II 
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_richie
    As some of you may or may not be aware, I've had a right nightmare with leathers this year.

It all started off in February when I bought a new set of Alpinestars 1 piece leathers from demon tweeks as my old set were feeling their age (plus an off at donny didn't help either). Anyway.......saw a set of SX-1 leathers at a decent reduced price and decided to buy them. Happy days......or so i thought.

Got the leathers at the start of March and was well happy with them. But after a couple of weeks i noticed that the stitching around the right arm cuff was coming away, and then a month or so after that a small patch appeared on the front of the leathers where the colouring was coming off.

"Only leathers" I thought, they aren't going to stay pristine forever. But another month went past and another patch appeared on the front. Now at this point I began to become unhappy about the situation and emailed demon tweeks to see what could be done about the 'faults'.

Got an email straight back saying that Alpinestars wanted the leathers sent to them so they can repair the suit, a turnaround of 7-10 days!! 2 MONTHS LATER!!.........got the leathers back. the stitching had been done, but one of the patches hadn't been touched and the other one looked like my 4 year old niece had coloured it in with a felt tip.........a wrong coloured blue felt tip at that!!

anyway........more emails sent.......unhappy emails at that. wanted a replacement suit cos obviously they are **** at repairing them. at first alpinestars weren't going to but then they agreed. needed to send mine back first, and then i was told it would be 7-10 days until i got the new set (the 'magical' 7-10 days). 1 MONTH LATER!!!........got a new set of leathers..........unfortunately not the design of leathers i originally had! FFS!!!

at this point i was fuming..........i'd missed out on a biking weekend away in wales.........plus was meant to be going to france to the magny-cours WSB meet so i wrote the mother of all emails. 2 hours later 'Luca' from alpinestars was ringing me up. they offered to replace and upgrade my suit to a MX-1 and were dreadfully sorry about the whole issue.

so..........today.........i finally received my new leathers..........just in time for winter! lol its only taken from July 23rd (date of when i sent off my original leathers)

Its been emotional! :

Sounds like Section 35 sub-section 2 of the sale of goods act 1979 (revised 1994 + 2003) would have come in handy there. It states 'the goods must be fit for the purpose they were sold and must be of merchantable quality, (which these obviously were not). Retailers love having that quoted at them when things go wrong........ NOT

3. Re: At last MK II 
    could have told me that sooner weirdo! lol

would have saved my summer!
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

4. Re: At last MK II 
    Hope these work out better for you mate.
    Steve

you make me dizzy running circles in my head
    www.speedsnap.co.uk

5. Re: At last MK II 
    Looks like we are both ready for the road just in time for winter!!

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

6. Re: At last MK II 
    glad you've finally got them mate, it's been a struggle! ridiculous really
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

7. Re: At last MK II 
    gixerjonny
    Just done bin it first time out ;D

8. Re: At last MK II 
    Well that'll teach yer to fall off

Tickers rool ok.................

9. Re: At last MK II 
    Diamond Member
    Where you going in Australia then Rex?

Sorry to hijack your thread Richie!

10. Re: At last MK II 
    Platinum Member
    You better keep them leathers clean Richie.......If I see that pristine white front panel with even one fly on it........ ;D