Notices

Thread: Honda CG125

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Honda CG125 
    Hi guys!

I've just done my CBT, and am on the lookout for a bike. I have my sights set on a Honda CG125, as I did the CBT on one and loved it, plus I know how it handles etc. I mentioned this to my dad, but he reckons a 125 is too powerful and I will kill myself. Now, I'm 18, and I'm really not a speed demon, I drive responsibly etc and I know that I can handle the Honda. I was just wondering what people's views on this forum are, and what comparisons or advice people can give me on the subject.

Thanks, Andy

2. Re: Honda CG125 
    Your Dad is right, you could kill yourself on a CG125, but then you get killed walking across the road and be hit by a bus. Life – and death happens to us all what ever we do and sometimes despite however carefully we do it. You are 18, old enough to vote, be considered a responsible adult etc and can make your own decisions, which include things like when to open the throttle and when not to.

There are other members on this site who ride 125’s I’m sure they will have comments to make – it’s a long time since I passed my test on my CG125 – I thought it was a great bike too!

Good luck with convincing your Dad and have fun on your bike.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: Honda CG125 
    Stu
    Hi Andy,

Silver has a CG125 she's selling.

http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi...num=1158331470

You have pm for contact details

4. Re: Honda CG125 
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu
    Hi Andy,

Silver has a CG125 she's selling.

http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi...num=1158331470

You have pm for contact details

Thanks Stu..

Yep...I passed me practical today ....in all that bad rain too!!!!!

So my CG125 will now be for sale Andy if you are interested.......come and have a look.....its in fabulous condition........just right to start your biking career........its done me well over the last year.

5. Re: Honda CG125 
    Thanks silver, that looks like a bloody good deal, but my budget doesn't quite stretch to that! :-/ I've seen older ones for around 6-800, a lot older but i'll cope!

Your Dad is right, you could kill yourself on a CG125, but then you get killed walking across the road and be hit by a bus. Life – and death happens to us all what ever we do and sometimes despite however carefully we do it. You are 18, old enough to vote, be considered a responsible adult etc and can make your own decisions, which include things like when to open the throttle and when not to.
    My thoughts exactly! And anyway, the route i'd be doing is really easy, you can see the road for miles and it's not exactly a taxing ride. Anyone have any particular arguments that i can use to pursuade him to let me get a 125 as opposed to a glorified 50? It seems rather sad, having to toady to your parents at the age of 18, but they are sending me to uni and i have to keep them sweet...

6. Re: Honda CG125 
    just get him to drive his car at the speed of 50 and he will soon see how often u will get cut up and how dangerous they are....

7. Re: Honda CG125 
    The Honda is a great beginners bike, I managed to pick one up for £650 and sold it for that much 2 months later after I bought my ZXR400, A good arguement is that you pick up road craft on a 125 better because you are not looking for small gaps to get into, because on a 50cc you are up to your top speed in no time at all, at least on a 125 you can keep up with the speed of the traffic easier

8. Re: Honda CG125 
    the cg is a cool little bike, when I was doing my training they only had 1 left (we used yamaha 125s mainly) but I had a quick go and it was fun - had character I thought!

oh and well done silver for passing!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

9. Re: Honda CG125 
    ;D ;D My 1200 Hog is slower than your 125 ;D ;D

10. Re: Honda CG125 
    Well, despite my arguments, looks like I've lost and have to get something smaller. I hate prejudices like that...

Anyway, does anyone know of any decent bikes in the 100cc range? Budget of around £800, second hand obviously.