Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
Thanks for this, I have just been on their web site to get the number. There was also a facility to ask the questions by email.

At the risk of having the piss taken by everyone - what's a sag test ???? or is there a letter missing

I don't think the smooth throttle control is a big issue, however I do understand the need to be smooth. My biggest issue is braking from high speeds or breaking from acceleration. My weight moves forward to the front of the bike and causes and almighty dive (19st +), I then lose some traction at the back, the forks can sometimes bottom out and the whole bike shakes like mad.

I then have to get off the brakes and tip into the corner. I can be controlled to some degree by trailing the rear brake. At tghis rate it is only a matter of time before I make a mistake and it all ends in tears.

Anyway I have to get somthing sorted before next season, I will let you know how things go.

Cheers and thanks for the help

Shaun
Static sag is simply setting the attitude of the machine using the preload adjusters. You can then set the ride height using your weight on the bike (K-Tech can give you the figures you need for this) They will also give you a rough idea of the damping settings you need.

Fork dive is always going to happen under heavy braking, you are supposed to use all the travel, and the back end is bound to move around to some extent.
What you need to do is to concentrate on holding yourself back a little using your legs to support your weight. Having the rebound set right at the back will help you with this, as having it roght at the front will help you on turn in. I don't recommend trail braking with the rear brake to keep things together!

You will always be a little limited by the standard suspension, since the range of settings is quite small. It is fair to say though, that it can be sorted for a reasonable price. You need to get different springs on there as a minimum because at 19 odd stone you are a bit on the heavy side (should have bought a ZX10 mate, they're rock hard! )

If you are riding at a half decent pace you will find that the SUzuki suspension isn't really up to the job, I'd recommend getting the forks resprung and re valved (around £300) and the same on the rear shock. As I say, call the experts, they will sort you out, no bother!

Jen.