Notices

Thread: Biker 'chicken'

1. Biker 'chicken' 
    latest mcn i got today is talking of groups of youths running out infront of bikers at the last minute. >

One biker in bristol was injured on his GSX-R1000 in one incident ending up with 6 broken ribs, a punctured lung, bruised heart and damaged shoulder when he couldn't avoid someone playing chicken.

2. Re: Biker 'chicken' 
    Yes, I believe he is trying to claim compensation which is why it is in the papers again. He was lucky to survive - the 'chicken' kid died.

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: Biker 'chicken' 
    thats right
    If they will run in front of a fast moving bike...

4. Re: Biker 'chicken' 
    If I remember correctly the story I read somewhere and - and how true I don't know - was the kid ran in front a van without realising the bike was overtaking the van. It was dual carriageway with a 70 limit and the bike was only doing 50 or so. **** luck all round!

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: Biker 'chicken' 
    i wouldnt know in that much detail.

Sh*t luck that could have been easily avoided but for the stupidity of the whole game/ concept

6. Re: Biker 'chicken' 
    Is it in South America where the kids ride on top of tube trains for laughs?

It seems that thrill seeking becomes more outrageous as time goes on . . . . .

7. Re: Biker 'chicken' 
    Cautionary tale, but seriously the lesson to be learnt is to look at the pavements aswell as the road when riding, you will probably get at least a little warning. It helps to spot the drunk about to stumble into your path aswell.

8. Re: Biker 'chicken' 
    Having hit a pedestrian a few years ago (whilst driving a car I hasten to add), it's an experience I would definitely not recommend. :-[ :'(

Fortunately the lady was not seriously injured.