Notices

Thread: Slippy :(

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Slippy :( 
    Platinum Member
    Locking the front wheel Dabz??? What is with you 'front wheel locking' crowd?? If you're locking the front,your not paying proper attention mate.......And if you do need to stop quickly,be progressive with the lever,don't just yank it on,ok! : [smiley=smiley.gif]

2. Re: Slippy :( 
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod
    Mines always clean ;D Black is good 8-) Lots of chrome Beats risking it in the ice.
    I gave mine a total clean, paint, chrome the lot, it takes a whole day
    I can think of better things to do all day! I don't even clean the house much :-[ - so if I spend 40 minutes on the bike it is getting a good clean from me!

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

3. Re: Slippy :( 
    Quote Originally Posted by igbell
    I have been a poof as of late and been going about in the cage, the bike was a bit hairy the last time I was out on it, still I should get out on it as the baby will be born soon and I wont get to play for ages.
    I've got a top box into which a new born baby will easily fit

4. Re: Slippy :( 
    With a pasty to keep it warm? (sorry folks - in joke)

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: Slippy :( 
    I've also been in the car while the ice has been around, but on 2 wheels I just take it steady on this grease that results from the Council grit spreading. I reckon it's some additive they use that causes the problem.

(Next week sounds good BB.)

6. Re: Slippy :( 
    Your on, but not Thurs/Fri.

BB

7. Re: Slippy :( 
    Quote Originally Posted by GixerBoy
    Locking the front wheel Dabz??? What is with you 'front wheel locking' crowd?? If you're locking the front,your not paying proper attention mate.......And if you do need to stop quickly,be progressive with the lever,don't just yank it on,ok! : [smiley=smiley.gif]

I wasn't concentrating hehe, will freely admit that! I was in a "I'm finally riding in daylight" mode
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

8. Re: Slippy :( 
    Diamond Member
    Well yes I am sorry to say a bambino will be on the way, but it wont stop me ridding the bike to work, like today I rode in, nice and cold first thing 2c first thing (6:45am in the morning), still should be a good ride home.
    Was a tad slippy this morning.

9. Re: Slippy :( 
    gixerjonny
    What do you ride Igbell

10. WARNING!! 
    Spent the day at Urchfont today and the roads around there are LETHAL!

There is a cross-roads to the east of the village where I must have looked like Nicky Haydon braking for the junction. I wasn't even going that fast (40mph in a 60 limit) and didn't brake very hard, but both front and back were skidding all over the place on what can only be described as grease!! >

So just be careful out there folks . . . . . .