Notices

Thread: Castle Combe Track Days

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Castle Combe Track Days 
    ONFIRE
    Quote Originally Posted by GixerBoy
    Dave,why don't you do a trackday at Silverstone? Its big,open,wide,ideal for a first timer! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    I will be organising a WB trackday there sometime over the summer,depends on when you want to get out there....
    I agree great day at Silvy ..last August was a Fantastic turn out for Wiltshire Bikers, my first time great facilities incredible track. Brilliant experience + weekend event for me thats a plus...for sure! You'll not be disappointed

Plenty of advice if required from Track Day God's
    8-)

2. Re: Castle Combe Track Days 
    I’ve done Castle Combe to say its crap is a under statement .
    The sound check is very strict seen new bikes with standard exhaust sent home. If your on a twin your on a fifty-fifty if your going to get through.
    The track is usually ran by Fowlers and you get only ten mins on track and I think there’s about six groups.
    My opinion is save your money for another track or go there if its with a different company.

3. Re: Castle Combe Track Days 
    Iv done Castle Combe a couple of times and i wouldnt go there again by choice...
    The track is ****e with a capitol S
    Bumpy is not the word...its just not dedigned for bikes.
    IMHO there is not enough run off, the facilitys are crap, and the noise limit thing is a killer(my 98 R1 with standard can only just got through at 104db)

On an up one wishing to give it a go can pop down prior to booking and have your bike noise tested so you will know if it will pass or fail....oh and they wont take bribes to let it through either....lol

4. Re: Castle Combe Track Days 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav
    Iv done Castle Combe a couple of times and i wouldnt go there again by choice...
    The track is ****e with a capitol S
    Bumpy is not the word...its just not dedigned for bikes.
    IMHO there is not enough run off, the facilitys are crap, and the noise limit thing is a killer(my 98 R1 with standard can only just got through at 104db)

On an up one wishing to give it a go can pop down prior to booking and have your bike noise tested so you will know if it will pass or fail....oh and they wont take bribes to let it through either....lol
    You tried then Gav? ;D

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: Castle Combe Track Days 
    I may have done......
    But the guy was having non of it and evan mentioned that it was a legal offence to bride a track offical.....
    So i laughed it off and said i was joking...

6. Re: Castle Combe Track Days 
    Castle Combe isn't an ideal track for a first timer. It's very fast, very bumpy - not a great combo.
    The noise test is very strict, you don't get much track time (about half what you'd get on a 'standard' track day) and on top of that it's expensive.

Mallory is only 90 miles away, costs around £99 and is an easier track to deal with for learners. Silverstone is even closer, but is also more expensive, even than Combe!

Jen.

7. Re: Castle Combe Track Days 
    Platinum Member
    Well said Jen........Oh,will you be taking Mr.Vermeulen's advice this year??

8. Re: Castle Combe Track Days 
    Spoke to the guy at Bristol Kawasaki earlier this week who confirmed that Castle Coombe will happily noise test your bike for free if you just turn up.

So you can get this done before you spend any money.

9. Re: Castle Combe Track Days 
    Quote Originally Posted by GixerBoy
    Dave,why don't you do a trackday at Silverstone? Its big,open,wide,ideal for a first timer! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    I will be organising a WB trackday there sometime over the summer,depends on when you want to get out there....

I did my first track day at CC last year, but then I didn't know any better. Since then I've done a few others and the difference is huge. CC is bumpy, but now I realise it is also bit boring because the track is mainly made up of right hand bends.

I really want to do Silverstone this year, so if you do organise a Track day, I would love to come along.

10. Re: Castle Combe Track Days 
    gixerjonny
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    [quote author=GixerBoy link=1170003354/0#9 date=1170011418]Dave,why don't you do a trackday at Silverstone? Its big,open,wide,ideal for a first timer! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I did my first track day at CC last year, but then I didn't know any better. Since then I've done a few others and the difference is huge. CC is bumpy, but now I realise it is also bit boring because the track is mainly made up of right hand bends.

I really want to do Silverstone this year, so if you do organise a Track day, I would love to come along.[/quote]

sort it out gixerboy