Notices

Thread: Battery

1. Battery 
    I had to buy a new battery as I posted before, I was suprised, how quickly it discharges in the cold weather as I only ride it weekends >

2. Re: Battery 
    Diamond Member
    You must have something draining the battery or you have a dud. Is there anything left on during the week such as an alarm? I have a fairly new AGM battery (Westco) and that keeps it's charge for months and that's with an alarm. If you have a problem in the charging circuit that battery may not be being charged when out for a run. If you have a multimeter, check the current across the battery with the engine running.

3. Re: Battery 
    My bike sits unused for a fortnight at a time quite frequently, and the battery always seems to be fine (touch wood)! Like Graeme suggests, perhaps something's draining it?
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

4. Re: Battery 
    had the same problem with my aprilia have fitted an optimate111 keeps the battery in perfect condition

5. Re: Battery 
    Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of power in the battery and it starts 100%, it was just an observation that if you measure the battery under load the a.p.h. rating is lower in the frosty weather and I am sure that everyones is like it as it is a natural occurance. It was my curiosity with electronics that made me want to check it. I do have an optimate 3 connected, it was all the kept the last battery going.