Notices

Thread: The best 600 for 2 grand

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: The best 600 for 2 grand 
    Quote Originally Posted by mike
    Not a 600, but.........I know of a guy through work who needs some cash so he's selling his 93/L reg ZXR750L for £1200, and he said he'd put a year's T&T on it. Just a thought, not a 600 but not far off. I've not seen it, but he says it's good nick. Black & purple, 22k miles. Let me know if you have any interest in it & I can get his phone no for you. He's down near Shaftsbury. Good luck with whatever you get
    cheers for the offer m8,but not looking to buy untill the end of 2007,ready for the 2008 season.

2. Re: The best 600 for 2 grand 
    No worries, that's along wait though!

3. Re: The best 600 for 2 grand 
    Hi Rayzer,

I owned a black thundercat a few years ago. Really nice bike. Took it to Road n Track for a dyno run: 100bhp with no mods apart from raising needles one notch to remove low throttle snatch (too weak). Only probs were 1) suffered from carb icing when temperature was around 3C or less, especially if damp air. 2) personally I found that riding position put a lot of weight on my wrists so not very comfy if riding at low speeds for any length of time.

Heres a pic:

Cheers, Koops

4. Re: The best 600 for 2 grand 
    Now that looks very nice, especially in black.
    you've all given me food thought particarly where the thundercat is concerned.
    Thanks guys

5. Re: The best 600 for 2 grand 
    Platinum Member
    My view

Just keep an open mind; you will know when you see the right bike, all bikes have faults. Ask yourself what you want from the bike if its lots of long distance work or two up riding go for comfort, if it’s a toy for the weekend go for a sportier model. Well that’s my view

Happy hunting

PS. I bet you’ll have your new bike before the end of the year

Taff

6. Re: The best 600 for 2 grand 
    PS. I bet you’ll have your new bike before the end of the year

Taff

LOL,,,One can live in hope m8,but her indoors wants her new dog first(Douge De Bordouxe).

7. Re: The best 600 for 2 grand 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by koopsy
    Hi Rayzer,

I owned a black thundercat a few years ago. Really nice bike. Took it to Road n Track for a dyno run: 100bhp with no mods apart from raising needles one notch to remove low throttle snatch (too weak). Only probs were 1) suffered from carb icing when temperature was around 3C or less, especially if damp air. 2) personally I found that riding position put a lot of weight on my wrists so not very comfy if riding at low speeds for any length of time.

Cheers, Koops
    Spot on with the carb icing! Many a time when I was commuting down to Southampton I would suffer from this!

As for the riding position, I'm 6ft 3 and I never had any problems with it.

8. Re: The best 600 for 2 grand 
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott W
    [quote author=koopsy link=1171392813/0#12 date=1171405223]Hi Rayzer,

Cheers, Koops
    Spot on with the carb icing! Many a time when I was commuting down to Southampton I would suffer from this!

As for the riding position, I'm 6ft 3 and I never had any problems with it.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the replies guys,just one thing,could you explain to me exactly what occurs when your carbs start icing and is there a cure for it

9. Re: The best 600 for 2 grand 
    Diamond Member
    You basically lose power and the bike seems like it just wants a good clear out of crap. I believe there are some ways to cure it/reduce the effect, but it does depend on the bike you go for. Some people talk about running your bike on Super Unleaded, others talk about adding Silkolene Pro FST.

10. Re: The best 600 for 2 grand 
    Got a mate that will be selling a CBR600RR on an 04 plate mid summer, it will have 30k miles on it by then as he actually uses his bike! I believe he has been offered 2500 for it to trade in,,, I will let you all know when he decideds to trade as i'm sure someone will tear something off for it!!! p.s. he rides it like a torpedo,,,, fast in a straight line but rather more sedate through the anything turning sharper than the apex being on the horizon!