Notices

Thread: Anybody get out this weekend?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Anybody get out this weekend? 
    Diamond Member
    RVFBabe and I did! We took in some of the local traditional biker roads around our area and there were quite a few of us out. However, the good thing was that there wasn't a huge amount of traffic which meant we could just enjoy ourselves and do what speed we felt comfortable with for the time/section of road.

So as the title of thread says, anybody else get out this w/end?

2. Re: Anybody get out this weekend? 
    Oh yeah i own one of those motorbike things.....must really make an effort and get it out soon seeing as i have not evan seen it for a month.

3. Re: Anybody get out this weekend? 
    got the bike back yesterday and went out for an hour today but still to cold for me im sorry to say

4. Re: Anybody get out this weekend? 
    yeah i was out and about today done some minor adjustments to new forward controls jusy had to try them out ;D

5. Re: Anybody get out this weekend? 
    Yep, we not long been back from 120ish round trip to that Compton Abbas airfield, or whatever it's called. Quite a few bikes and dry roads, hallelujah! Some muddy parts but overall, a bloody good hack out

6. Re: Anybody get out this weekend? 
    Been out for consecutive weekends for the first time since last year. Each time I got flashed by a couple of car drivers which was a bit weird as my lights were on & not on full beam but also did not see a camera or copper the whole day.

Fingers were a bit cold but really enjoyed being back in the saddle.

7. Re: Anybody get out this weekend? 
    Platinum Member
    Thanks for the invite - just coz you got dressed up for me for nothing, there's no need for that :P

Busy working on the track slag myself

8. Re: Anybody get out this weekend? 
    i got out yesterday for abit with some friends, headed over to northampton hein gericke then had a ponder back over our way it was a good ride and i enjoyed it, however didnt get out today as i washe the bike this mornin then had to go to the pub this afternoon for a meal

9. Re: Anybody get out this weekend? 
    went out to bristol today 8-)

the ride there was good.........dryish roads and little traffic meant i could play a bit. due to not riding much, i was still a bit rusty and ham fisted so giving it the big licks out of roundabouts got me some unexpected mono action......which was nice

the ride back however wasn't so good. by the time i got on the bike to come back home it was dark, and i only had a dark visor with me. so it was a visor up jobby all the way back. must of lost about 5 litres of water through tears.

as it was a bit nippy, i decided to cut across salisbury plain for a bit of short cut. but then it started to rain which didn't help things, but then......as i was heading towards a sweeping left hander my headlights decided to cut out.

all i could see was darkness!!

i had a fair idea of where the corner was going as i've been along the road a few times so all i could do was brake as much as i could and pull in.

funnily enough, when i started indicating left, my headlights came back on.

this happened again further on, so i just did the indicator trick and it was sorted again. :-/

so apart from all that...........was a good ride ;D
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

10. Re: Anybody get out this weekend? 
    Nope I was in Ireland making hangovers :-D however Mot'ing Honda Thingy this week so i can tax it in time for the start of the month