Notices

Thread: The best 600 for 2 grand

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. The best 600 for 2 grand 
    Ok guys and girls what I;d like is for some input please.
    I'm currently riding an fzr400(my first big bike) and once the 2007 season is over and we're creeping into oct/nov I should have saved at least 2k towards a newer bike.
    What would be the best buy for my money and why.It must be a fully faired sports bike so no naked bandits and the such please.

2. Re: The best 600 for 2 grand 
    Platinum Member
    Thundercat?

3. Re: The best 600 for 2 grand 
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyJawa
    Thundercat?
    Pro's and cons please m8.
    I know of one and its rusty manifolds but the more info I can get on each bike the better really

4. Re: The best 600 for 2 grand 
    if you do a search there's a lot of thundercat help on WB - I was desperate for a tcat back in the summer but struggled to find one. Opted for the TT600 instead which is much the same but slightly more sports focussed
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

5. Re: The best 600 for 2 grand 
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzer
    [quote author=SkyJawa link=1171392813/0#1 date=1171393039]Thundercat?
    Pro's and cons please m8.
    I know of one and its rusty manifolds but the more info I can get on each bike the better really

[/quote]

I've not owned one mate so can't help there, just like them, and they were always known as a pretty darn good bike. ScottW had one, sure he could shed some light on it

Other choice is if you can find the rare R7, awesome bike. Was a round up in Bike in the last few months if you have any copies

6. Re: The best 600 for 2 grand 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz
    if you do a search there's a lot of thundercat help on WB - I was desperate for a tcat back in the summer but struggled to find one. Opted for the TT600 instead which is much the same but slightly more sports focussed
    Thanks for that Dabz,any other 600's you'd reccommend ???

7. Re: The best 600 for 2 grand 
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyJawa
    Other choice is if you can find the rare R7, awesome bike. Was a round up in Bike in the last few months if you have any copies

for 2 grand??? are you still in a "just bought a new bike" haze or summit neil? ;D

Rayzer...........plenty of choice out there mate. is it going to be 2 grand not including your 400 or with it though?

obviously you've got the older models of the CBR6's, ZX6r's, GSXR6 (probably scraping into the K1 bracket, but mostly SRAD models), TT600's and maybe some R6's

still fully faired but thought of as more comfortable types of bikes nowadays are the thundercats and zzr600's.

you need to seach around, find what you like, find out as much about it as you can (like common failures etc), test ride the fooker and then find one which suits your price. might be lucky and find one straightaway, but on the other hand it might take a couple of months until the 'one' pops up for sale.

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

8. Re: The best 600 for 2 grand 
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_richie
    [quote author=SkyJawa link=1171392813/0#4 date=1171393626]

for 2 grand??? are you still in a "just bought a new bike" haze or summit neil? ;D

Rayzer...........plenty of choice out there mate. is it going to be 2 grand not including your 400 or with it though?

obviously you've got the older models of the CBR6's, ZX6r's, GSXR6 (probably scraping into the K1 bracket, but mostly SRAD models), TT600's and maybe some R6's

still fully faired but thought of as more comfortable types of bikes nowadays are the thundercats and zzr600's.

you need to seach around, find what you like, find out as much about it as you can (like common failures etc), test ride the fooker and then find one which suits your price. might be lucky and find one straightaway, but on the other hand it might take a couple of months until the 'one' pops up for sale.

[/quote]

Haven't decided wether to keep the fzr or not yet,it does seem as though the thundercat is a good allrounder so may keep my eyes open for one.

9. Re: The best 600 for 2 grand 
    if u can find an r7 for that price it would be amazing..... the thundercat is a good bit of kit very underated

10. Re: The best 600 for 2 grand 
    Not a 600, but.........I know of a guy through work who needs some cash so he's selling his 93/L reg ZXR750L for £1200, and he said he'd put a year's T&T on it. Just a thought, not a 600 but not far off. I've not seen it, but he says it's good nick. Black & purple, 22k miles. Let me know if you have any interest in it & I can get his phone no for you. He's down near Shaftsbury. Good luck with whatever you get