Notices

Thread: what good bike dealers are there in wiltshire??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: what good bike dealers are there in wiltshire? 
    Platinum Member
    That’s sad news harleychic, is that Chippenham, Calne or Swindon?

The more dealers the better choice we have when shopping

2. Re: what good bike dealers are there in wiltshire? 
    aren't they all the same company????

anyway if not i hope its calne, they refused to service my bike earlier this month

3. Re: what good bike dealers are there in wiltshire? 
    So what's good about small independant bike shops going out of business??? Soon there'll only be the big ones left like George Whites etc, followed by them being taken over by fecking Tesco, monopolised and dumbed down, every little hurts... Sounds a bit fanciful, but that what's happened to small booksellers who can't buy in the books for what Tesco sell them for, and then they only sell the 'top 10' so publishers won't invest in new unheard of authors. We'll end up with Honda and feck all else!

Anyway, ranting over! Sad news in my eyes though.

4. Re: what good bike dealers are there in wiltshire? 
    so very true mike the problem with most trades is cost is far more important than service,the bigger they are the worse this is

5. Re: what good bike dealers are there in wiltshire? 
    Quote Originally Posted by mike
    So what's good about small independant bike shops going out of business??? Soon there'll only be the big ones left like George Whites etc, followed by them being taken over by fecking Tesco, monopolised and dumbed down, every little hurts... Sounds a bit fanciful, but that what's happened to small booksellers who can't buy in the books for what Tesco sell them for, and then they only sell the 'top 10' so publishers won't invest in new unheard of authors. We'll end up with Honda and feck all else!

Anyway, ranting over! Sad news in my eyes though.
    so you don't like tesco's then, me neither, b'stards spilt curry over my new coat and didn't care - afaik re taylors i think one of them is excepted but its to do with the way its set up

6. Re: what good bike dealers are there in wiltshire? 
    ONFIRE
    George Whites

Excellent company to deal with a 14day money back no quibble hassles free purchasing for past 6 years... Unbeatable prices!

Unlike some half wit small independant company, 'Artdeans' One of the Director's (moody git) lives down the road from me 'Idoit' two personal instances why I can see they lose sales. 1. Stepson ordered a bike he changed his mind next day fookers would not give deposit back not after one day they said they have llost money becuase they had to put a litre of oil in the little 125. So lost deposit and he went to GW's 2. Director is a miserable git who could not give me the time of day, when I was trying to purchase a Alpinestars suit couple of winters ago.

I am not bitter ;D ;D ;D ;D PSML

HC Don't you like curry ;D ;D Hope you claimed for new coat & the emotional disorder you must oF went through :-* :'( :'( ;D

7. Re: what good bike dealers are there in wiltshire? 
    Quote Originally Posted by ONFIRE

HC Don't you like curry ;D ;D Hope you claimed for new coat & the emotional disorder you must oF went through :-* :'( :'( ;D
    No OF for some strange reason i never liked it, not much keen on any hot (chilli) food really oh and the smell of cumin and cardamom - ewe!!

8. Re: what good bike dealers are there in wiltshire? 
    Just to let you know that its Swindon and Chippenham that have gone and I'm now job less but it every cloud has a silver lining and Triumph will be back in Swindon hopefully very soon

9. Re: what good bike dealers are there in wiltshire? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkey34
    Just to let you know that its Swindon and Chippenham that have gone and I'm now job less but it every cloud has a silver lining and Triumph will be back in Swindon hopefully very soon

Sorry to hear you lost your job, though i know one or two ppl that were disappointed by their demise too