Well, after two months of TL1000R ownership, including one trackday, I came to the conclusion that a V twin with a bad attitude and 'interesting' handling really was not for me. So, I went back to the dealer and he agreed to take it back for only £200 less than I paid - and i'd put all the standard kit back on too, which he was fine about, so I kept over £200 worth of stuff (cans, aftermarket seat unit, screen, TRE etc)to put on eBlag

Anyway, I test rode the bike below and just had to have it - it's utterly wonderful in every way. I've been caning it around Wiltshire all day and I just cannot fault it - brakes are unbelievable, handling is sublime, it looks great and the power - wow! Hard on the gas in either 3rd or 4th and the front's going light and the bars are flapping! Mucho fun. It's a 2003 bike with a personal 'R1 ***' plate, it's got a carbon fibre and titanium Akrapovic exhaust, double bubble, colour coded undertray and tail tidy, braided lines, crash bungs, hugger and seat cover and only 11,000 miles on the clock. I don't think it ever saw rain until I got caught out today in what felt like a monsoon (in cargo trousers, I got soaked through!). As far as performance figures so I believe it has 150 - 155bhp and weighs 175kg.

Dave