Notices

Thread: Cheap Insurace?

1. Cheap Insurace? 
    People always ask me where best to get cheap insurance, i always say try H&R insurance or E-bike both on the web. Anyone else found some different thats as cheap, with a good level of service?????

2. Re: Cheap Insurace? 
    Diamond Member
    Depends on the manufacturer of the bike to an extent (along with postcodes, etc..). However, I will be changing from Devitt to Express (I think that's their name! lol!) as they offer cracking prices on Suzuki's.

3. Re: Cheap Insurace? 
    i use h&r
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

4. Re: Cheap Insurace? 
    Platinum Member
    MCE were ace with me for the GSX-R750 and my track spec 200SX

5. Re: Cheap Insurace? 
    i was with Bennetts but not from next month,found local broker cheaper,Bennetts wanted £160 fully comp for my TDM850 friggin rip off, but local gave me quote of £117 for same insurance company but found another for £115 plus free legal

6. Re: Cheap Insurace? 
    Diamond Member
    I just re-insured via Bennetts - £105 fully comp. Why is my car insurance twice what I pay for the bike? I only have 1 year NCB for the bike as I didn't ride for a few years. I have maxed out the NCB on the car but it's still twice the bike. The bike is worth £2.5K, the car £250 since it's done 190K miles. OK the excess is higher on the bike but even so. Don't understand it but not complaining either.

7. Re: Cheap Insurace? 
    just been on www.gocompare.com have cut my insurance bill in half could not believe it

8. Re: Cheap Insurace? 
    I;m with A quote at the moment but i tend to spend an hour or two just before mine is due looking around the internet
    I did try phoning one up but their discounts weren't so good. In the end my CBR600 was £90 TPFT without any no claims

Use the sweeper sites like confused.com to get an idea of the cheapest then go direct to the site is the best advice i can offer

9. Re: Cheap Insurace? 
    I've just gone with MCE - i'm 25 and own a £4500 Yamaha R1 which ISN'T garaged.

£650 Fully Comp. Bargain.

10. Re: Cheap Insurace? 
    I've just renewed with Motorcycle direct, I'm 23, 2 years no claim, and ride a 1999 Fazer 600. With breakdown,legal **** and able to ride other bikes third party. i'm £220 tpft. Think i got a good deal... Last year it was £380.