Notices

Thread: Ninja-Richie in hospital

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Re: Ninja-Richie in hospital 
    Diamond Member
    Just to let you all know he has moved wards again, he is now in the Brunel treatment centre round the back of the main hospital building in a 'room with a view'
    Ward is called Ampney ward and is on the 3rd floor, he is still in until they have another look at him on Wednesday and visiting is 2 till 8. He is in typical Richie humour as he was threatening to stuff me in the boot of the Scooby when I suggested it could be the source of the next 'how many people in a car Welsh ninjafest challenge'

He's refusing to shave until he gets out, too many reruns of the great escape methinks and he's getting into 'What not to Buy' which is worrying. For me it was good to see he is very much in recovery mode and he is looking forward to being put soon.
    The above is taken from a post on MCN Ninja's - all sounds good!

2. Re: Ninja-Richie in hospital 
    good old richie great to hear he's on the mend, looking forward to seeing him on here
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re: Ninja-Richie in hospital 
    UPDATE...he's now out of hospital. He has been posting on the other forums but he's got so much catching up to do bless him, I'm sure he'll be along shortly

4. Re: Ninja-Richie in hospital 
    Diamond Member
    It's OK schwee, he's tried to post on here but to due technicalities he's not been able to.

5. Re: Ninja-Richie in hospital 
    Diamond Member
    OK Richie is still having problems so he's asked me to post this on his behalf:-

fookin hell..........the things you have to do to get some choccy fudge!!

well i finally left hospital last night. they looked after me very well but it was a relief to get out. i don't think they expected me to leave so soon after the accident but with all the kind presents and cards i recieved it lifted my morale a lot (also made me laugh but that just caused pain! lol)

so i'm now staying at mate's house for a while and hopefully square away all my admin

the bike is got picked up last night (£276 to pay!!), so hopefully over the next few days i'll have a fair idea what needs to get done to fix it.

the way i'm feeling at the mo is that i'm going to give road riding a miss for a while, possibly permanently, and just stick to the track where there aren't any buses cos they are harder than they look.

so a big thanks to everyone on here for your kind thoughts.

6. Re: Ninja-Richie in hospital 
    Blimey Richie, couldn't you think of anything original to say hahahaha

7. Re: Ninja-Richie in hospital 
    Diamond Member
    ;D

8. Re: Ninja-Richie in hospital 
    I read somewhere that a lot of professional racers don't ride much or at all on the road due to the perceived danger.

I was cut up by a car the other day and despite being his fault he added insult to almost injury by flashing his hazard lights and giving me the bird. Suffice to say I felt my blood pressure a notch and I was not terribly pleased or impressed with his behaviour. >

I guess it does not have to be your fault to drop it whilst on a bike.

9. Re: Ninja-Richie in hospital 
    Hi Richie, I have not been on the site for a while so I have only just found out about your bus related antics! Glad to hear that you are on the mend. I have to admit that even after my little spill my confidence was shot for quite a while.

So me and Nokesy wish you all best and hope that you fix up nice and quick!

10. Re: Ninja-Richie in hospital 
    good to have you back (albeit via scott at the mo until I can figure out why you can't log in!) mate. Don't spose I could sway you to one last road ride for my tuition :P
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers