Notices

Thread: Calne Bike Show!! 2007

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Calne Bike Show!! 2007 
    Diamond Member
    Ive just seen in one of the local town freebies the Calne bike show will be on

SATURDAY 21st JULY 2007

If youve never been before - Shame on you! - Its HUGE!! About 4000 bikers descended on Calne last year DESPITE the rain! Its run by the Lions Club, so you know you can trust the organisation, and it covers EVERY type of bikes, trikes and genre of the biking world from Customs to Scooters, Classics to Uber Hyperbikes, Trials to track bikes! You can also buy clothes, helmets, spares (in the auto jumble or trade stands!) I even bought my bike there last year!!.... its the whole F*cking shibang

All the town is swamped with bikes AND the shops are bike friendly!!!!!!

It would be well worth having a stand to promote the site there if possible!

2. Re: Calne Bike Show!! 2007 
    Diamond Member
    Sounds like it would be well worth the trip over.

3. Re: Calne Bike Show!! 2007 
    I missed this last year as it was on the same day as a castle combe day, but should be there this year
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

4. Re: Calne Bike Show!! 2007 
    Is there any camping near by, may as well make a weekend of it lol

5. Re: Calne Bike Show!! 2007 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiff
    Is there any camping near by, may as well make a weekend of it lol

Yeah! Theres a really good site at Blacklands Nature reserve just outside town. Im not 100% sure if there is an organised site thats connected in with the show or not, but Im sure there is something on the North side of town just off the A3102 if the grey cells work & I remember i will post details nearer the time. Also I will see if I can find a web site with details for you too.

AND before you ask my garden is TOO SMALL!!! ;D

Why dont we try to make it into an official WB Rally!!! : Now theres a new idea!! : Cough cough!!!! :

6. Re: Calne Bike Show!! 2007 
    Sounds like a good plan, I need to get on some more ride outs with you guys & galls
    not summer is here

7. Re: Calne Bike Show!! 2007 
    Why not eh, must be a website with campsites on. Just have to find one that'll take a load of bikers!! Now what would it be though, 1 or 2 nights (personally I would say 2, make for a dam good weekend)

8. Re: Calne Bike Show!! 2007 
    Quote Originally Posted by kiff
    Why not eh, must be a website with campsites on. Just have to find one that'll take a load of bikers!! Now what would it be though, 1 or 2 nights (personally I would say 2, make for a dam good weekend)
    Hi Kiff If your a mag member pm me

9. Re: Calne Bike Show!! 2007 
    Went to it the other year, mainly old skool bikes like BSA's/Aerials etc...I like the idea of WB setting up a stand there though considering a couple of 1000 bikers from the area decend on the show could really benfit the site...not too sure on costs but when I was there we ran a Suzuki Owners Club stand so it can't be massively expensive! (Just need a table/shade/chairs/beers) lol

10. Re: Calne Bike Show!! 2007 
    Quote Originally Posted by Amante 271
    [quote author=kiff link=1176622743/0#3 date=1176743139]Is there any camping near by, may as well make a weekend of it lol

Yeah! Theres a really good site at Blacklands Nature reserve just outside town. Im not 100% sure if there is an organised site thats connected in with the show or not, but Im sure there is something on the North side of town just off the A3102 if the grey cells work & I remember i will post details nearer the time. Also I will see if I can find a web site with details for you too.

AND before you ask my garden is TOO SMALL!!! ;D

Why dont we try to make it into an official WB Rally!!! : Now theres a new idea!! : Cough cough!!!! :[/quote]

yes andrew we know about your ideas ;D im up for it just so long as the 'nature' of the title doesn't mean anything other than
    wildlife of the small furry mammalian variety, and not the hysterically funny dangling parts of the male or female anatomy, though i
    have heard wrinkly sex involves lots of vaseline to prevent friction burns perhaps you could confirm or deny this???