The copper on bike safe took me on this route and I recommend it for any level of biker. We started from devises as that’s where the bikesafe class began. The route from Swindon to devises is a good warm up run, and from there keep following the signs for Salisbury. Its quite open and flowing with a couple of nice fast sweepers along the way. Don’t go all the way to Salisbury but follow the signs for stone henge. The last part of the road coming up to stone henge consists of some long sited straights where you can really wind it on with no fear as you can see for miles.

I usually stop at the SH parking (its free for bikes) and have a coffee. Then pass the unfinished hotel (stone henge) the way you arrived and follow the signs for Marlborough. If the road up to the henge was fast and straight with long visibility, the road back through to Marlborough is more tight and twisty, therefore a good combination of biking experience. I suppose that’s why the police took me on that route as part of bike safe.

I hope this helps

Steve.