Notices

Thread: tourer help

1. tourer help 
    Need some advice please.

Got a zephyr 750 at mo but find a bit uncomfortable on long trips plus its a 1993 and just not sound enough for long journeys i want.
    Husband just sold his and got a Triumph Trident Sprint (lucky git, a mate was selling it)
    I am quite interested in the Honda Deauville and looking at one at weekend if not sold but was wandering if there are any smallish tourer bikes I could be looking at in the meantime.
    Bear in mind im only 5ft 5 and the Zephyr was just about the right height

Cheers TC

2. Re: tourer help 
    I suggest you try out all sorts and see what suits and feels right. Everyone has an idea of thier ideal tourer. I used to know a girl who went thousands of miles each year on her Deauville.

You can tour on anything if you want to enough.
    With my bike I am complete.

3. Re: tourer help 
    How about a ZZR600 or have a look at a replacement corbin seat

Cheers

Kevin

4. Re: tourer help 
    Well lucky for you plenty of choice out there, Triumph ST Sprints etc good bikes...as are any BMW's if you can afford them.

On the jap side, I know loads who swear by the XJR1300 (not sure if they do a faired version?)...Honda blackbird...Suzuki GSXF600/750 or even the likes of the ZZR600/1200.

Out of the Jap stuff I've listed there I would go for the GSXF750 myself (Newer type)...as they are bulletproof and use the same engine as the bandit...and ride nicely too...also cheep as chips to maintain compaired to the other jap offerings. (Same could be said about the kwaks...but they are a bit long in the tooth now).

As for the Honda Dullville...scrap that idea grandad's bike, and the pan euro is way too heavy to make any sense unless your a copper in love with dounuts LOL

As mentioned by Kevin a corbin seat could make a massive change to any bike, but Zephyr's do go off quickly in british weather so if you been touring on it I expect it's seen better days.

Ghosts piece of advice is the most important one though, get out and try as many as you can, if you go look at one but not too sure if it's for you, least ask to have a go on it, that exact one may not be for you but you might like the ride and find a nicer example elsewhere etc.

5. Re: tourer help 
    hi thanks for the feed back.
    Husband just got a Triumph Trident and its way too heavy for me.
    Must admit i like the look of the Fazer but think i will take a trip to Fowlers over the weekend and test sit some bikes
    Let you know when i eventually get one

6. Re: tourer help 
    GOT ONE!
    2001 FZS600 Fazer
    Nice height, nice weight, so lets see how it rides when I pick it up next week

7. Re: tourer help 
    Glad to hr you have got a bike you are happy with! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    With my bike I am complete.

8. Re: tourer help 
    Nice one, Enjoy