Hi WB, I've posted a few times trying to get help with my Yamaha xj900 trike bought from eBay a couple of months ago. A lot of you have been very helpful and my thanks to you all.

This is really just a word of warning if anyone is thinking of buying a bike / trike / quad from eBay to make 100% sure that all is well before parting with your hard earned cash. I got my trike from eBay because I'd wanted one for a while and couldn't afford 'proper' money to buy one from a dealer.

Not knowing much about bikes in general, and not having ridden anything for 35 years I was a bit green and bought my baby knowing she needed some serious work doing to get her as she should be. The trike had been in a head on collision and came with all the spares etc I needed to put it right. Not being a mechanic I took it to a pro (no names at the moment) to fix it up for me and it duly came back, looking good and running well (or so I thought)

It stopped running after a while, wouldn't start and it has taken 3 weeks and more money to get it going again.

To cut a long and painful story short my cheap trike has so far cost me more or less what it would had I bought it in pristine condition for more money and without all the hassle and I still have seals / braking system & wiring to sort out before it will ever pass its next MOT.

The moral of the story is be very careful when buying a bike from eBay or don't bother.

There is nothing wrong with the eBay service but as you can imagine there are a few cowboys out there using the site to get rid of their junk and it appears I have bought a very nice looking but expensive piece of kit.

Buyer Beware!!!!!