Notices

Thread: Insurance

1. Insurance 
    What is it with insurance companies giving different brokers different discounts.
    Its renewal time so I do the usual phoning round a few brokers to see what I can get.
    Am already with Carole Nash and the price aint too bad (£229 fully comp on a Gixer6). Phone Bennetts and they come up with £114 with conditions that I'm not happy with( £750 excess). Ends up a First Quote with a £155 Fully comp policy, with a modified bike, with breakdown, with pollion and ride any other bike. But get this, its with the same insurance company that Carole Nash were offering!

Grrrrr

Happy bunny now tho. More money to spend on the bike.

2. Re: Insurance 
    Always worth going back to your existing company and discussing any quotes you get with them - they have been known to match quotes. Did exactly that with Carole Nash earlier this year.
    With my bike I am complete.

3. Re: Insurance 
    that's a bargain for fully comp! I'm still on tpft, must get that changed when I renew this year
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

4. Re: Insurance 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost
    Always worth going back to your existing company and discussing any quotes you get with them - they have been known to match quotes. Did exactly that with Carole Nash earlier this year.
    I may well do that, Carole Nash quoted me £306 fully comp on the RSV and Harley but Ebike quoted me £215 same benefits ie breakdown and legal cover etc etc.

As for Aidys comment I think it just depends on how much of a profit margin they want to make and what kind of deal they have with the companies

5. Re: Insurance 
    I went through an internet broker called A-quote. They had been good in the past, but due to there cock up left me without insurance on my Bonneville. In the end got my MT-01 fully comp at £244, my bonneville for a £100 plus 25 quid back for the cock up.

Cheers

Kev

6. Re: Insurance 
    Just got insurance for my Fazer600.
    Bennetts was £420, E-Bike was £460 so went through a compare site and got one for £192 fully comp and 3rd party for any other bike.
    How can there be over £200 difference, its insane!

7. Re: Insurance 
    I used Carol Nash last year...including the breakdown cover twice...100% happy with them...they sent me some quotes just before my renewal...I phoned around to see what was the cheepest I could get for the different insurers they were offering me, then went back to them and they matched it.

Out of the insurers on offer...I went with the one which was £40 more as that covered all accessories...as Ade will tell you on my bike they add up to more than the bike's own value LOL

As always, don't think the cheepest deal is the best one for you, find out what catches there is with each insurance package...then once you've chosen the package that suits your needs phone around to get the price down, then go back to the people you want to insure with...Both bikesure and Carol Nash have been tops when it comes to service!

One tip though...use www.insurance2000.co.uk to get a realistic online quote before you do the phoning around...I go one stage further by blagging it on the phone to insurers I can usually tell when they are cutting it to the bone and can't go any cheeper...but be careful doing that could backfire!

8. Re: Insurance 
    use e bike for mine and they were over 600 pounds cheaper than anyone else and the excess was cheaper too just does not make sense to me

9. Re: Insurance 
    I gave Carole Nash the benefit of a second hearing but they still couldnt get anywhere near the quote I finally took. Could of had it cheaper too with Bennets at £112 but no mods to the bike, no pillon and no riding other bikes.

When I bought the bike back in 2000, I got a quote before paying for it of @£750, Bought the bike, but ha to wait for 3 weeks before I could collect. So didnt get insurance straight away. I sorted the insurance just before I collected it to find I had gone over the end of the month so the quote I had been given was void! New quote £1400!!!! Had a frantic phone round and got for less than the original quote with the same insurer via another broker!
    I'm in the wrong job.

Ade