Notices

Thread: Twins, Triples, Fours...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Twins, Triples, Fours... 
    love them both but for different reasons the twin is easier to ride quickly but when u really rev the 4 its frightingly fast but i do find it harder work. dabz if your down salisbury in the next week your more than welcome to take my rsv factory for a spin before i let it go

2. Re: Twins, Triples, Fours... 
    Quote Originally Posted by jj
    love them both but for different reasons the twin is easier to ride quickly but when u really rev the 4 its frightingly fast but i do find it harder work. dabz if your down salisbury in the next week your more than welcome to take my rsv factory for a spin before i let it go
    There's an offer you shouldn't resist Dabz, go for it!

3. Re: Twins, Triples, Fours... 
    I ride a couple of twins both very different & yes the sound is much better than the screaming fours I've owned. My Bonneville with pea shooter pipes pops & bangs & when we were out for a ride a friend of mine kept hanging back just for the sound. My other twin is a 1700 MT-01 just run in and goes like stink. Until you get the sensation of a piston trying to hammer out of its cylinder you haven't lived. My friend has just bought a Bennelli Tornado (900cc triple) but also owns a GSX1400 which is very smooth against the head banging triple.
    No ones mentioned singles?
    20 years a go I had the Suzuki DR750 single which was OK but bits kept falling off through vibration.
    Also not all bike characteristics are the same a Rocket III (2300 triple) is a lot smoother than the Bennelli

Cheers

Kev

4. Re: Twins, Triples, Fours... 
    I mentioned singles! look above

5. Re: Twins, Triples, Fours... 
    Sorry

Should learn to read better!

Kev

6. Re: Twins, Triples, Fours... 
    this is why twins are so nice. thats why ive had soooo many lol and of course the noise ;D

7. Re: Twins, Triples, Fours... 
    so if I like lots of torque without having to use all the revs, I should really be riding a twin or a triple then...should've asked this before buying a four lol :P may go test ride the daytona triple, not that I can afford it at the mo!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

8. Re: Twins, Triples, Fours... 
    Question is m1tch...which one did you like the best and why?

Dabz plenty out there, though most of them in custard yellow lol....try and go for 2003 onwards as they got 155bhp...ones before that much less (120bhp I think?) though still good for 140mph

9. Re: Twins, Triples, Fours... 
    have a twin and a four in the garage have decided to sell the twin but a tough choice just find the four amazing when u rev it hard should be even better when the mods are done

10. Re: Twins, Triples, Fours... 
    i cant really say they were all good ive also owned a ducati 996 which isnt pictured. the sp1 and 2 were really good handling bike but i loved the duc its, hard to say its just what you get on with.