Notices

Thread: Tyre pressures?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Tyre pressures? 
    my zx10r has similar recommended tyre pressures.i found that with the pirelli corsa pro's now fitted,i run mine @ 33 front and back they feel much better .the lower the tyre pressure the quicker the tyres heat up.

play around with the pressures and see what suits you.best of luck.

2. Re: Tyre pressures? 
    Quote Originally Posted by pedalingfool
    Got the phone number? and I'll get it in and sorted!
    http://www.mhracing.com/

Phone him or even better just pop in and visit, over by Corsham next to the MOD site round the back

I wouldn't recommended running too low psi, will make the bike sluggish and understeer...go see him he's a genious when it comes to getting bikes to handling right 8-)

3. Re: Tyre pressures? 
    racers run low tyre pressures to generate more heat.go ask some one who knows.

4. Re: Tyre pressures? 
    Quote Originally Posted by darth vader
    racers run low tyre pressures to generate more heat.go ask some one who knows.
    I would suggest racers run lower than hand book recommendation but not necessarily just 'low' tyre pressure. I recommend you take expert advice depending on what you want to do, road solo, road pillion, track or whatever. With respect, posting on here you are going to get 101 different versions of the correct answer!
    With my bike I am complete.

5. Re: Tyre pressures? 
    well, I'm going to take the bike to get it looked at to make sure everything is ok. but FYI, I went to the nurbugring last year, in an Elise. I was driving the beast following someone in what looked likea very standard BMW M3 CSl, so anyway after I span off on Miss hit miss avoiding the armco by approxiately 8MM's, I got back to the main car park to find a very smiley Jason Plato, a thoroughly nice bloke. he advised me that in fact the best and only way to set your tyre pressure is to put them at the reccommended manufacturer's pressure when the tyre is hot. As so you all know, a tyre actually will run cooler at lower pressure and not melt, it just heats up faster. and then you get the recommended pressure and the tyre wil then actually work. So I have been to see a friend who races mini moto, yes, MiniMoto, he won the british championship and said the only way to do it is ride until the tyre is hot and then set the tyre pressure to manufacturer recommended, then ride hard again, check as the cool air you put in will have heated up, re adjust pressure, Now, he said go home leave the bike over night, check tyre pressures, and from now on only pupm them to those pressures when they are cold before you ride!!! I hope that made sense! I'm going to try this if we get some decent weather and I will let you all know. rob.

6. Re: Tyre pressures? 
    racers run pressures as low as 29 psi.i set mine by trial and error.i found 33 front and back suited me best.