Had a motorbike accident last night.

Turned out of a carpark inthe front of Corsham Post Office.. in a straight line and the bike high sided and flipped. was in first and doing about 20-30mph?

I landed on my chin (full face helmets really are worth wearing!) and managed to break my wrist and a few ribs in the process.
Damaged my neck and shoulder but more brusied than anything, but as a precaution I was stretchered to Bath hosiptal.
After being monitored a few hours, and checked over by the doctor I was allowed home.

My bike has suffered right hand side damage, All fairings broken or scuffed, Tank deep scratch, mirror, pegs and cables gone. Engine casing damaged. A few other bits as well, but havent had a chance to look at it in daylight yet.
I have spent the morning looking on ebay and bike breakers. The parts are hard to come by as there are so few of them being such a new bike, and what parts I have found are not cheap. Total about £2000 secondhand.

So I have today submitted it to the insurers.

Bikes can be replaced, I was very lucky I was wearing full kit (even though that is now in several pieces where they cut it off me!).
My helmet might have only been a Nitro but for £50 that saved my life. It has damage to the chin area where I landed on it! BEst £50 I think I have ever spent.

One thing though.. I was going to get crash bungs put on it, but the damage would have been no different with them on.. in fact its possible it would have been worse.

So please be safe out there. the roads are not brilliant at the moment. Cold, damp and even a tad icy in places.