Notices

Thread: Had an off yesterday

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Re: Had an off yesterday 
    Platinum Member
    Well I hope Honda compensate you properly for providing you with a faulty bike.

Strange I thought the police bikes were recalled due to the well known and documented high speed weave the pan European riders are always telling you about, not mechanical faults?

2. Re: Had an off yesterday 
    Strange I thought the police bikes were recalled due to the well known and documented high speed weave the pan European riders are always telling you about, not mechanical faults?
    I was actually informed it was due to a critial part of the rear end comming undone on it's own...can't remember if it was the swingarm itself or the linkage.

Either way they use rock solid beemers now...good to see the euro bikes making a come back!

3. Re: Had an off yesterday 
    Diamond Member
    I thought the Pan problem was very specific in that a weave was generated above 90 mph. It wasn't a mechanical failure and could be generated under certain circumstances. One of the bike mags did some testing and seemed to suggest there was a link between the weight distribution of all the heavy gear the police have to carry and the aerodynamics of the panniers.

My bike's manual states that 80mph is the maximum speed you should ride at when using panniers and use that as a disclaimer.Maybe the police should be restricted to 80mph lol.

4. Re: Had an off yesterday 
    http://www.ridethatbike.com/ST1300/ST%20wobble.htm

If you scroll down you will find....

Then in 2003 Honda issued recall #2 in Europe, for European bikes only. This one replaced key rear suspension and engine mounting bolts and pieces... was Honda trying to save the Police market or provide a real solution?
    I think the writing was on the wall by then for Honda, Police just didn't trust the bike anymore...end of story.

I expect in LadyRiders case, they might well try to buy her silence (to bury it!), last thing they need is more bad press that mechnical faults are causing injury to riders!

5. Re: Had an off yesterday 
    I believe its something to do with the brake system seizing, but as yet have not had the report back.

6. Re: Had an off yesterday 
    http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/rec...;Search=Search

Thats not listed as an offical recall for your bike either LadyRider!

If I was you I'd consider getting an inderpendent engineer to inspect the bike and do a report? (If it's only Honda that are looking at it)