Notices

Thread: Had an off yesterday

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Had an off yesterday 
    Had a motorbike accident last night.

Turned out of a carpark inthe front of Corsham Post Office.. in a straight line and the bike high sided and flipped. was in first and doing about 20-30mph?

I landed on my chin (full face helmets really are worth wearing!) and managed to break my wrist and a few ribs in the process.
    Damaged my neck and shoulder but more brusied than anything, but as a precaution I was stretchered to Bath hosiptal.
    After being monitored a few hours, and checked over by the doctor I was allowed home.

My bike has suffered right hand side damage, All fairings broken or scuffed, Tank deep scratch, mirror, pegs and cables gone. Engine casing damaged. A few other bits as well, but havent had a chance to look at it in daylight yet.
    I have spent the morning looking on ebay and bike breakers. The parts are hard to come by as there are so few of them being such a new bike, and what parts I have found are not cheap. Total about £2000 secondhand.

So I have today submitted it to the insurers.

Bikes can be replaced, I was very lucky I was wearing full kit (even though that is now in several pieces where they cut it off me!).
    My helmet might have only been a Nitro but for £50 that saved my life. It has damage to the chin area where I landed on it! BEst £50 I think I have ever spent.

One thing though.. I was going to get crash bungs put on it, but the damage would have been no different with them on.. in fact its possible it would have been worse.

So please be safe out there. the roads are not brilliant at the moment. Cold, damp and even a tad icy in places.

2. Re: Had an off yesterday 
    Diamond Member
    ****! Glad you ok (ish!) As said before, anything I/we can do to help, let us know!

Get well soon! :-*

3. Re: Had an off yesterday 
    So sorry to hear of your accident, glad you didn't damage yourself too badly although I do know that broken bones, especially ribs are extremely painful.

Its amazing how much damage is done to a bike even at low speed, when I came off mine, the insurers were going to write my bike off, although they were going to replace loads of things that didn't need replacing including the front forks because, the chap who picked it up for me is a roofer and he got bitchemen (can't spell that) on them. Also the exhuast and it didn't even fall on that side. Just a warning!!

Hope you're feeling better soon.
    It's all about the ride!

4. Re: Had an off yesterday 
    Really sorry to hear about your accident. My one last week was bad enough but got away lightly in comparison.

I hope your feeling better and back on that bike soon. If I can do anything to help just give me a shout.

Keep smiling and get well soon.

5. Re: Had an off yesterday 
    hope u feel better soon and your bike ready when your fit,if its not your more than welcome to take mine for a spin to get u back into the swing of things.....

6. Re: Had an off yesterday 
    Really glad to hear you're OK. Like you say the bike can be mended and fortunately so can you by the sound of it. Feel sorry for you for all the hassle this'll give you now. Hope your insurers act fairly and promptly... Happy to help any way I can.

Regards,

7. Re: Had an off yesterday 
    sorry to hear about yr off Mandy, hope you get well soon and as you say bikes can and I'm sure will be replaced even though there is a lot of hassle sorting it all out

8. Re: Had an off yesterday 
    sorry to hear about this, hope you're on the mend and the insurance claim goes through quickly!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

9. Re: Had an off yesterday 
    Diamond Member
    Sorry to hear about your off Mandy - get well soon.

10. Re: Had an off yesterday 
    Ruddy 'ell girl. Get your neck looked at by an osteopath just to make sure. Hope you're not hurting too much. All the very best

Ade