Thread: Dont clean your tank with the road

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Dont clean your tank with the road 
    good luck on what you decide looks painful

2. Re: Dont clean your tank with the road 
    Platinum Member
    How’s the Collar Bone?

3. Re: Dont clean your tank with the road 
    I totaly understand your point Sharik, it beggars belief that someone can leave someone lying there. It makes you wonder about the state of someones mind where they are worried about their own license more than a victims life. I chased a hit and run driver, who was speeding and totalled a guys golf, spun him out and nearly took me off my bike, i got a good look at his face and got the car plate and description and handed it to the police, they caught the guy, and it turns out the guy didn't have a license and the car wasn't taxed, mot'd or insured. He even tried to take me out on my bike when he realised i was chasing him. There are some sick people out there, it serves as a reminder no matter how safe and good we are as a rider, there is always some w***er who has zero respect for other people lives.

Maybe a suitable punishment would be to lock these people in a room with their victims and/or their families for 20 mins, and see how they like to be left as a victim instead. Perhaps a punishment like that will be more of a deterant.

ok rant over!

i hope that your shoulder and bike are soon 100% again, and that this guy is caught and they throw the book at him.
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

4. Re: Dont clean your tank with the road 
    Hi Pip_David. Hope that you are soon on the road to recovery. As has already been stated metal and plastic can be replaced, flesh and bone can't. Hunar. A suitable punishment for anyone like this is the business end of a 12 bore. Sorry if that sounds a bit blunt but I have zero tolerance for anyone leaving the site of an accident. That is selfishness of the worst sort. >

5. Re: Dont clean your tank with the road 
    Diamond Member
    12 bored IS what they get some times when they go to court! 12 bored jury members who never take the smelly bikers side!! >

Soap box time again Im affraid!!

6. Re: Dont clean your tank with the road 
    I prefer a good old fashioned way.
    Hung, drawn and quartered.
    Why does the word 'FREEDOM' suddenly come to mind

Cheers

Kev

7. Re: Dont clean your tank with the road 
    I would not worry! I was hit from behind at 20mph during my test!!!! Once I'd finished shouting, I bet the guy wishes he'd driven off too!!

8. Re: Dont clean your tank with the road 
    Diamond Member
    Bummer, so what happened with the rest of the test??

9. Re: Dont clean your tank with the road 
    Totally agree with the zero tolerance there!

Sammy that sounds nasty! On the day of your test as well?? Must have been a shock

Good thing it didn't put you off riding

10. Re: Dont clean your tank with the road 
    Test was abandoned!! Got my money back and am current increasing his insurance via my solicitor!! took and passed my test 2 weeks later. Not good when you turn up and the examiner knows your name!!