Notices

Thread: Dont clean your tank with the road

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Dont clean your tank with the road 
    I’m not going to start an explanation with "it was his fault" as it takes two and I should have had my wits about me quicker, observation and anticipation is everything.
    Pulling out an access road turning right a driver pulled off the petrol pumps directly opposite me and did not show signs of stopping at his rejoining to the main road. To avoid a right side impact I moved left then quickly back over to the right. "Bang" wakey, wakey where am I.
    Anyway, broken collar bone and broken ribs.......but what about the bike..not seen it yet. Police have seen the CC-TV from garage and the car drove off. tut,tut.
    The police estimate it all happened at about 20mph, more of a fall over than fall off
    Here is a pic.
    Beware, slow speed can kill

Embarrassing really..........

For you Amante: I was doing 180mph and I hit a hump back bridge, flew 500ft in the air,did a 360 and then managed to regain control before hitting a strawberry seller and a caravan.

2. Re: Dont clean your tank with the road 
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooo!

Don't Blame yourself buddy no matter how good of a rider you are sometimes you just can't predict others stupid actions!

Can't believe how much damage low speeds do to the latest bikes these days...How long will it be till it's back on the road?

3. Re: Dont clean your tank with the road 
    I’m with dreaded Bennetts, they have there own company called forth dimension who picked it up and I suppose will repair it. Annoying thing is, I just paid the bike off in Feb. Not even 3K on the clock on 10 months old I wonder how good a job they will do. No third party really involved so it should be fast, I hope.

4. Re: Dont clean your tank with the road 
    You dont have to use the 'approved' repairer. Check it over thoroughly when it comes back. If you are not happy refuse it. I refused mine 3 times before I was happy with it. Still took another 4 hours of work to get it right tho.
    Glad to hear your not hurt tho, just pride.
    Ade

5. Re: Dont clean your tank with the road 
    its still going to take 4-6 weeks for the collar bone to mend, so get ready for the best weather on the year, its always like that.

6. Re: Dont clean your tank with the road 
    Diamond Member
    I am sorry to hear this, shame about the bike, but as I always say the bike is mendable and is only a lump of metal.
    You on the other hand have one life and are not so easy to mend if it goes really wrong.
    So I am glad you are ok, just rest and take it easy and get better soon.

7. Re: Dont clean your tank with the road 
    cheers Iggy

8. Re: Dont clean your tank with the road 
    So sorry to hear of your "fall over". Thank goodness you weren't badly hurt but I know from experience that broken collar bone and ribs bloody hurt, so I hope you're feeling better soon. Hope the bike's better soon too. :-*
    It's all about the ride!

9. Re: Dont clean your tank with the road 
    Platinum Member
    Hope you recover quickly, are you going to pursue the driver of the car so you can get your bike mended on his insurance?

10. Re: Dont clean your tank with the road 
    Sorry to here about your spill.
    A bike can be repaired or replaced, as long as you are ok.
    The person who invents a rubberised coating for bikes will be worth a fortune.

Cheers

Kev