Notices

Thread: George Whites Swindon... Do you rate them ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: George Whites Swindon... Do you rate them ? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Amante_271
    Pink tinted glasses appear on my hooter!!!!! Hmmmmmmmmmm!
    Sounds like a serious medical condition to me, might be worth checking it out with the doctor!
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

2. Re: George Whites Swindon... Do you rate them ? 
    Diamond Member
    Cheers for the tip but it could be due to the end of the 2nd bottle of wine and a Totally "medicinional" cigarette! And before ANY ONE gets on my case I HAVE HARLEY STREET "recomendation!"

Honest!!

PM me for FULL detailsd! Trust me its true!

3. Re: George Whites Swindon... Do you rate them ? 
    No, I don't rate George Whites. When I first started riding a few years ago I was looking for a Varadero. I phoned George Whites and asked if they had one. They didn't so I asked if there might be one coming into stock that I could test ride. The salesman said he would check and phone me back. He never did
    So, I phoned Hammond's in Cirencester. They didn't have one either but they offered to get one in so I could have a test ride
    Although I never did buy the Varadero off them, they impresseed me so much with their attitude that I bought a Fazer 600 off them a few months later.

Once dealerships become too big they lose the 'personal touch'.
    If i'm spending £thousands I expect to the dealer to go the extra mile to get my custom.

4. Re: George Whites Swindon... Do you rate them ? 
    Quote Originally Posted by swarwick
    do they have a web site, it sounds like the kind of dealership that I woul dbe intersted in doing business with should i need to replace or change my bike. I defiantely prefer the sound of them to how george whites seems to have turned out, and budget bikes with their pay in full before the test ride.

Yes, here it is,

http://www.alfenglandmotorcycles.co.uk/

Budget bikes is George Whites too, I beleive. Thats where they sell their 'older' p/x bikes. So no shocks there then !

I feel like writing to the M.D explaining my dissappointment and won't be going there again etc etc. Be interesting to see what kind of a reply I get....... If any

5. Re: George Whites Swindon... Do you rate them ? 
    Diamond Member
    [quote author=nickw]Budget bikes is George Whites too, I beleive. Thats where they sell their 'older' p/x bikes. So no shocks there then ![/quote]

No shocks!!! Wonder what the handlings like then!!

6. Re: George Whites Swindon... Do you rate them ? 
    I bought my bike from there and get alot of my kit from there and can't say I've really ever had a problem. Apart from them not stocking size 12 boots!! >

7. Re: George Whites Swindon... Do you rate them ? 
    they seemed to be closed today though...no answer on the phones was gonna pop over
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

8. Re: George Whites Swindon... Do you rate them ? 
    George Whites are the bike equivalent of Tesco or similar. It’s a supermarket and you get supermarket after sales service or even supermarket sales service in some instances!

IMHO Tesco have a better service record!
    With my bike I am complete.

9. Re: George Whites Swindon... Do you rate them ? 
    I bought new from Pheonix in Trowbridge. Small local dealer, great service, no deposits and still give discounts on stuff (They even gave my daughter discount before Christmas on my Chrimbo present when she mentioned the 'big bearded chap' on the MT-01)
    I've also found bikes on e-bay (never bought through though) as I've always managed to view and buy before the listing ends. I viewed a VFR800 on Sunday with my nephew and his dad and he bought it. Not bad for a small bike, good gearbox, luggage and only 8.5k on the clock

Cheers

Kev

10. Re: George Whites Swindon... Do you rate them ? 
    Pheonix in trowbridge are always very helpful!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers