Notices

Thread: George Whites Swindon... Do you rate them ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. George Whites Swindon... Do you rate them ? 
    Following the open day they had the other day, I was quite keen on VFR they had for sale. A silver one, 51 plate etc. Anyway they gave me a p/x price for my current bike which is a '97 cbr 600 in vgc. I left it at that to think about it as you do.

Anyway, phoned them up this morning to arrange a test ride as I said I was quite keen on it, only to be told I would have to wait a week for them to prepare it AND I will have to pay 25 quid to ride it

I am sorry, but if a customer was going to spend 4k on a bike surely they would pull there finger out a bit and do something about it. I get the feeling they are not interested !

I don't have much experience in dealing with m/c dealers. Is this normal. Incidently, I bought my CBR from Honda of Bournemouth whom could not have been more helpfull. They even delivered the bike to me for free !

2. Re: George Whites Swindon... Do you rate them ? 
    I can beat that! I went to looking for a used bike, and wandered into budget bikes. I saw a couple of bikes I was interested in, and was offered a test ride, however before I was allowed to take the bike out, they wanted me to pay the FULL price of the bike 'just in case you ride off on it sir' even though they had my current bike parked in front of their shop, and I offered to leave them the keys! Needless to say I didn't take the offer of a test ride.
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

3. Re: George Whites Swindon... Do you rate them ? 
    by the way was that a £25 deposit, or just £25 to ride a bike around for a bit, and would that £25 be refunded or taken off the price you haggled them down too if you had bought the bike?
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

4. Re: George Whites Swindon... Do you rate them ? 
    Diamond Member
    Well I have got to say they have changed since I got My VFR from them then, They said that I could take the one I wanted out if I waited a day and they would get it ready for me, or I could take a Brand spanking new one out, so I took them up on the offer and took both of them out.....Hee Hee.

I didnt have to pay anything bar the fuel, and just signed a doc to say if I droped or crashed them I would have to pay the full price.

Maybe moving to the new building they have got to recoop the costs.

Others than that that is all the deallings I have had with them

5. Re: George Whites Swindon... Do you rate them ? 
    Since they gone "big time" and moved into the new showroom, they have got full of themselves.

I've never brought a bike from them, only use em for parts and never had a problem there

6. Re: George Whites Swindon... Do you rate them ? 
    I can understand them charging a small fee for a test ride, I don't actually mind that. Its just waiting a week for a test ride !

Just out of interest....

Was looking on autotrader friday afternoon, saw another VFR for sale. Phoned up the dealer near Nuneaton ( Alf england motorcycles) at 5pm enquiring about it. They has unfortunately sold it the day before ! But they did have another one. I told them it was out of my price range but they still offered me the chance of riding it. It took them no time to get it prepared and I went up today and went out on it. Very impressed with their enthusiasm and very friendly service. Bike was very nice indeed No sales patter, pressure of any kind was put on me, just good old friendly service. And I got some coffee too !!

I will definately consider going their again to try out something else. They have been trading since 1946, and it showed ;D

Has an awesome ride up the Fosse way too !!

Thanks for your comments guys

7. Re: George Whites Swindon... Do you rate them ? 
    do they have a web site, it sounds like the kind of dealership that I woul dbe intersted in doing business with should i need to replace or change my bike. I defiantely prefer the sound of them to how george whites seems to have turned out, and budget bikes with their pay in full before the test ride.

8. Re: George Whites Swindon... Do you rate them ? 
    Diamond Member
    Sounds like they could teach a few of the local boys a thing or to!!

9. Re: George Whites Swindon... Do you rate them ? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Amante_271
    Sounds like they could teach a few of the local boys a thing or to!!
    yeah with a baseball bat hopefully! £25 for a test ride, on a second hand bike, I can take a brand new porchse out for free! Oxford harley davidson last time i spoke to them where happy to let me ride out on a 2008 model road king with 0 deposit.

10. Re: George Whites Swindon... Do you rate them ? 
    Diamond Member
    Lucky git!! I'd struggle with a FS1E!!! Hmmmm! Those were the days!!! Pink tinted glasses appear on my hooter!!!!! Hmmmmmmmmmm!