Notices

Thread: advice on getting through your test!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: advice on getting through your test!! 
    Diamond Member
    I used Abbey Riders in Swindon and had no worries with them, very good I thought.

2. Re: advice on getting through your test!! 
    I would say that no amount of training can compensate for simply getting some good bike miles under your belt.

Tubz bike is a Ninja 250 which can be ridden on a restricted licence as it is under 33bhp.

I would suggest doing your CBT and getting a Honda cg125. Get out there and get some real experience. Once your confident book a test on the DSA website, use your own bike which you are now confident riding. If you pass you will gain a restricted license so you will have to ride a bike <33 bhp for two years after which your free to ride whatever you like.

3. Re: advice on getting through your test!! 
    I used Able's cbt to test from scratch 2 years ago no probs, he lives in Westbury and worked out of Frome, have they moved to Trowbridge now?

4. Re: advice on getting through your test!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by bobf279
    I used Able's cbt to test from scratch 2 years ago no probs, he lives in Westbury and worked out of Frome, have they moved to Trowbridge now?
    Yes, I did some advanced training with them early last year when they were based in Frome and we abandoned one day due to bad weather (extremely high winds) and when we rescheduled they had moved to Trowbridge

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: advice on getting through your test!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by igbell
    I used Abbey Riders in Swindon and had no worries with them, very good I thought.
    I used Abbey as well, can highly recomend them, down to earth, fun and passed first time.
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

6. Re: advice on getting through your test!! 
    Diamond Member
    The other thing I would say is that when you do the computer skills part, dont go happy clicking on the observation part as that will not work.

Also a tip from from something I got highlighted on was when you come to a t junction and you have parked cars either side do all of your checks and then move forward to the edge of the cars stop and do all your checks again, as this is seen as the edge of the junction.

When it comes to the u-turn take it steady slip the clutch and watch where you are going to and not the front wheel or where you are going, eye the other side of the road and keep your eyes locked on that.

7. Re: advice on getting through your test!! 
    Sue600
    For the theory side... really advise practising the CD's... will get you used to clicking when they want you too, not when you think you should (there's abit of a difference as I found out!) You'll find out what crazy clicking does too LOL. Did about 6 hours on the questions, some get repeated alot... was so lucky when all the ones that I was getting bored answering were the ones on my test hehe ;D

8. Re: advice on getting through your test!! 
    Diamond Member
    No advice from me since all I had to do was a figure of 8 around a few roads in Reading and not knock the examiner over when he jumped into the road for an emergency stop. Actually I lie - one piece of advice is don't panic if you make a mistake just carry on and forget it.

9. Re: advice on getting through your test!! 
    Diamond Member
    Oh and one other thing, dont forget your Saftey Check over the shoulder for everything

10. Re: advice on getting through your test!! 
    Sounds like it's all been said ^^^^
    I would recommend Able in Trowbridge for training
    With my bike I am complete.