Notices

Thread: Tyre replacement due:Best buy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Tyre replacement due:Best buy 
    Platinum Member
    I use Biketreads never had any problems always friendly but then again I'm lazy and they're on the way to work.

All well and good to get them on-line but I can't stand waiting in for courior to deliver then taking wheels etc to get fitted - I'd rather pay a bit more and not faff about

2. Re: Tyre replacement due:Best buy 
    Platinum Member
    Decided to go for another Diablo to match the front tyre from Bike Treads. I was short on money but had to get one anyway asap. £116 fitted and balanced! Bit of a shock to feel how the bike is much more edgy now!lol

3. Re: Tyre replacement due:Best buy 
    Good choice of tyre, and quite a tidy CBR ya got there

4. Re: Tyre replacement due:Best buy 
    Quote Originally Posted by furry-TLR
    ...got 8000 miles out of the rear and always had loads of grip...didn't sqaure for ages defintely recommended!
    8000 miles???

blimey i thought 3000 out of my BT014's was good. But then again i do tend to rag it!

5. Re: Tyre replacement due:Best buy 
    8000 miles
    I got just over 3k out of my rear (tyre)

6. Re: Tyre replacement due:Best buy 
    Seriously that's just how good they are...

before when I used Diablo's (Did over 30k on them) and BT014's I was lucky to get 3000 out of each rear....but the Pilot CT2's although more expensive, last way longer, and offer just as much grip.

The Front Pilot CT2 I got looks good for anonther 1000 miles or so, then I got a new one hanging up in the garage ready to be fitted.

Anyway each to their own, your money not mine :P

7. Re: Tyre replacement due:Best buy 
    Quote Originally Posted by furry-TLR
    Mitchlen Pilot 2CT's are well worth the few extra quid...should be able to get a front and back fitted for £200...got 8000 miles out of the rear and always had loads of grip...didn't sqaure for ages defintely recommended!
    I read a lot of review's about tyres and finally fitted the 2CT's as they are an all round tyre plus I use my bike for commuting during the winter too, so i needed a tyre that was also good in the wet. It's been on 10 months but after about 7000 miles it really does need renewing. Fitting another 2ct this week. Excellent tyre IMHO.