Notices

Thread: Bike Insurance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Bike Insurance 
    Bennetts may be good for your first year but when they send your renewal notice the following year best you take a deep breath. Was prewarned by a friend on another forum and low and behold the OH's renewal notice arrived yesterday having been increased by just short of £120! Are we likely to renew with them? I don't bleedin think so.

Try www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk - they shop around and give you a good choice too.

2. Re: Bike Insurance 
    I'm with Swinton as they was the cheapest for me, and give great service in the event of an accident.

That said on price I always get nailed to the floor anyway. (23, newly passed,ZX6R, ect....)

£112!??! try that x10 and you will be somwhere close. > > >

3. Re: Bike Insurance 
    F.B.
    Have to agree that prices seem to change from year to year and it is definitely best to get as many quotes as you can.

Getting your insurance on-line can be a fair bit cheaper. eBike have been cheapest for us for the last 2 years.

4. Re: Bike Insurance 
    Whilst i'm in my 50's insurance on a 3 year old Bonnie and a 27 year old Yamaha came in at £147 with Footman James. Bennetts wouldn't touch the Bonnie cause I have the loud exhausts fitted (nearly took them off!) e-bike were well priced and their on-line form very extensive questions but I like to talk to someone if things go wrong so I stayed with Footman James.

Beware a number of Companies are now hotting up on modifications and if you have a claim and then they find out they claim your Insurance is null & Void- read in motorcycle press, not sure which source as it was a few month back.

5. Re: Bike Insurance 
    Diamond Member
    I'm with Bennetts - 89 Squid Fully Comp with 150 excess. It's all dependant on you, the bike and where you live and will vary simply because of the way the insurance companies do their sums. Bennetts always put my premium at renewal, I then go on-line to get a cheaper quote, phone up Bennets and so far they have dropped their quote in milliseconds.

6. Re: Bike Insurance 
    Insurance is like most things, you get what you pay for.

I was advised some time ago that insurers who offer cheaper premiums do so because they try harder not to pay out and have poorer customer service facilities.
    Sometimes it's better to go with a recomended insurer and (and I do hate to say this) pay a little more.
    You need to compare policies, see what is offered etc.

7. Re: Bike Insurance 
    Platinum Member
    Vince,I think all insurance companies try to avoid paying out if they can! >