Notices

Thread: Bike Insurance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Bike Insurance 
    Platinum Member
    Ive insured my bike(CBR600F4) for £112 through Bennetts TPFT with no NCD, only had bike a few weeks. The AA quoted me £150 and some firms £250 for the same policy. I really want Comprehensive and thought Id ask around for a better deal on a new policy such as myself. Ive also tried A-plan insurance brokers but Bennetts seem to offer the best deal. Anyone agree with these figures or can I do better?

2. Re: Bike Insurance 
    Platinum Member
    Try MCE insurance that's who I'm with and they have been very competative

3. Re: Bike Insurance 
    I always get the cheapest quotes through www.insurance2000.co.uk - fully comp is well over double tpft though so I'm still TPFT unfortunately!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

4. Re: Bike Insurance 
    Diamond Member
    I am with direct choice and pay £85 TPFT.
    I always found Bennetts to be on the pricey side myself.

5. Re: Bike Insurance 
    ONFIRE
    ZX10 -R Fully Comp (Incl legal) only £141-02
    I am with Direct Choice (NIG)
    £350 Excess

Think I'll get a R6 probably only £50 8-)

6. Re: Bike Insurance 
    Hello Iceman

I have been using www.aquote.co.uk
    I'm a Grandad like you and got the MT-01 fully comp for about £220 (age can sometimes be a wonderful thing)

7. Re: Bike Insurance 
    fully comp with 1 years NCD and i think its £250 excess is £240 on my FJ1200 with carol nash, got full european cover included, as well as all the legal stuff, and also european and UK breakdown recovery as well, and also pillion insurance.
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

8. Re: Bike Insurance 
    Shop around as many as you can. Then play the best two quotes you have against each other.

Different company every year for me. This year I'm with Roadsure (now called premium choice or riders choice), last year it was express...

9. Re: Bike Insurance 
    Sue600
    Agree there schwee, always shop around and play them off against each other, surprising what they will keep knocking off to get a sale. Have one bike with roadsure, and another with Bennetts.... think it depends on personal circumstances and bike - they all seem to vary hugely. Neither company could do the other bike cheaper - so left them where they were.

Takes a while filling out online quotes, but it's worth it in the end... check out the extras they include too - some have to add on things like legal cover which could be included in the price with others.

10. Re: Bike Insurance 
    Platinum Member
    Wow! bit of a minefield there. Thanks for all your replies"What a great site!". I'll check out online using the brokers you've all mentioned.