Notices

Thread: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    Well im getting really pissed off with these drivers using there hand held phones while driving, > nearly T boned one on a roundabout friday saw me coming aswell phone upto right ear looking at me but still carried on across. but Saturday saw a women driver with a cup of coffee in one hand while holding the steering wheel ffs!!
    Now seeing as the OEM horns are ****e i have now decided to get a Stebel Magnum or Nautalis 136+ decibels aprox £25: sounds like a Arctic/TIR wagon horn so that should scare them.he he ;D

2. Re: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    Tell me about it, all the dozy sods seem to come out of the woodwork this time of year, and doesn't help when they have a distraction strapped to their head either.

I've got a CAR horn fitted to mine, does the job

3. Re: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    It's a sad reality that a lot of cagers disregard the law when it comes to using mobiles when driving >

I've been thinking of fitting a Stebel as well. The Tiger's horn is really weedy

4. Re: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    Diamond Member
    Sorry to say I had to resort to booting a merc light in once due to him not seeing me sat still in a que and he thought that it was a gap and was driving into this space.
    So as I couldnt get his attention to stop I put my boot through his front light, he hung up and then got out of the car but I rode off as the trafic started to move. >

5. Re: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by igbell
    Sorry to say I had to resort to booting a merc light in once due to him not seeing me sat still in a que and he thought that it was a gap and was driving into this space.
    So as I couldnt get his attention to stop I put my boot through his front light, he hung up and then got out of the car but I rode off as the trafic started to move. >
    thats while I love to wear steel toecaps! Had a coupel of moments myself where drivers drift into my lane, quickest way to get rid of them is with a kick, they don't look where they are going, they are obviously deaf when using the horn, but a nice 'BANG' on their bodywork will stop them everytime. There is a couple of cars going around Swindon with size 10 dents in their bodywork cos they got to close to my bike. A friend that got forced off the road by a driver on their phone (luckily they wher enot hurt, and nor was the bike, but the car got chased and booted a few times), has taken to 'sticking' his old spark plugs to the handlebars, not if someone gets to close they get a plug in their windscreen, from hsi point of view, better their windscreen cracked than me! I can see his point of view. It never ceases to amaze me, with hands free kits and bluetooth everything being so cheap to buy at the moment, why drivers don't bother to buy one. Still, its good sport, spot a driver on a phone and see how many of their body panels you can dent!
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

6. Re: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    Platinum Member
    This must be one of the main causes of accidents.

Even when using hands free you are statistically twice as likely to crash.

Drivers who use the phone at the wheel deserve all the get and if its Humar’s size 10 boot then so be it

7. Re: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    Driver today at lights on end of m32 carried on coming into my lane even though i was parallel with his passenger door hooting my horn,
    some people are just sheer crazy,he then let 3 people out to go to cabot cirus building site.
    No doubt not English

8. Re: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    We have a parrot bluetooth kit in our cage, and while its really really good and clear, it IS still a distraction if i'm talking on it...just like if i'm chatting to a passenger.

Luckily I get to issue points and fines to drivers I see on phones ;D

9. Re: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    Platinum Member
    The difference between talking to a passenger and talking to someone on the phone is when complicated driving situations arise passengers tends to shut up.

I used to have long arguments with my x employer refusing to answer the phone in the car

Shwee if you are a member of the law please nick as many of these mobile phone users as possible and make our roads a safer place

10. Re: Drivers using handheld mobiles,Grrrrr!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by FJ_Biker
    Shwee if you are a member of the law please nick as many of these mobile phone users as possible and make our roads a safer place
    Or you can give me their details and me and my size 10's will pay them a visit!
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...