Notices

Thread: Winter Gloves

1. Winter Gloves 
    Platinum Member
    Anyone’s input on winter riding through the winter would be appreciated

As I don’t have heated grips, I might use oxford muffs and summer gloves all winter this year as my hands stay driest and warmest in this combination. My last pair of waterproof winter gloves started leaking after two weeks of rain. Then you have to dry them in work and at home before getting on the bike.

2. Re: Winter Gloves 
    I have some gorgeous alpinestars winter gloves, they haven't ever leaked yet, very warm..you just have to get used to having quite thick gloves and not much feedback from the handlebars. had heated grips on the bandit 1200 which were good, though I always found that it didn't stop my fingertips getting very cold
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re: Winter Gloves 
    Diamond Member
    Funny that I have the same set up as Dabz, I have alpinestars winter gloves and I have heated grips on the VFR and the same as dabz when ever I went on a long run the tip sof my fingers got cold, but then that is what a warm engine and pipes are for ;D ;D

4. Re: Winter Gloves 
    Diamond Member
    Well the winter gloves came out today, due to the rain, I wasnt going to wear the summer sponges today, I wanted dry hands when I got to work. ;D

5. Re: Winter Gloves 
    I wear the same gloves all year round as I have heated grips - despite still getting cold finger tips! and I can't warm my hands on the exhaust as it's made of Titanium! (cools down very quickly).
    I like the Feedback of summer gloves...

I'd be interested in recomendations though...

"One piece of interesting info I found out the other year is that you shouldn't wear/use Gortex gloves while using heated grips, as the heat from the grips reverse the polarity of the Gortex! In other words - instead of the Gortex drawing water & moisture away from your hand due to body heat, the heat from the grips push water & moisture back in, onto your hands!"
    AKA Jase / Fazer390

6. Re: Winter Gloves 
    Diamond Member
    Mmm new one on me, where did you get this from??

I have Gore-tex alpinestars and heated grips and never noticed the gloves getting wetter

7. Re: Winter Gloves 
    A Chap from Hein Gericke in Taunton told me...

I never tested his theory mind you, but it made sense at the time.

Listening to your quote has made me think now??? :-/ and if what you say is true "the proof is in eating of the pudding" as they say...
    and I will now be seriously considering Gortex...

Cheers igbell
    AKA Jase / Fazer390

8. Re: Winter Gloves 
    Diamond Member
    Thats alright Carbonkid, thats what we are all here for to help each other out.

9. Re: Winter Gloves 
    Gericke do a glove called Pathen (spelling). Its a two finger job that I find very warm even on fast motorway jaunts.
    http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/shop/p...oducts_id/3688
    Insert 'Live long and prosper' jokes here!

Ade

10. Re: Winter Gloves 
    Well i use to use leather winter gloves for riding but now use textile ones from Aldi mind you i got Handguards fitted on my bike there modified from a V-Strom were only £23 a pair so they keep the Cold wind off my hands and they look ok on the TDM aswell.
    However i got a pair of AKITO rainmaster gloves they were present for me but havent used them, size L/10 but cause there to thick if anybody wants them they can try them on and make a offer PM me