Notices

Thread: Off the road for a while

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Off the road for a while 
    As the title says gonna be off the road for a while, after a young lady reversed into it, taking it off the side stand and a right hand drop onto the kerb. I was in the flat at the time and heard it go over (god thats a chilling sound!).

Initial damage seems to be that the right side of the fairing is totally smashed, and the brake pedal has punctured a small hole into the engine casing.

I let her settle for a while, after getting her upright again, before I started her and she fired up first time no worries, but there was oil slow being forced out the small hole created by the brake pedal.

As I doubt very much she will pay for the repairs, I will have to go through the insurance, which will probably end up with them writing her off, and I doubt very much that the insurance company will give me top dollar for her :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Looking around at other bikes at the moment just in case, will probably go for another FJ1200, but need to see how much they will give me for her yet.

Not sure how long all this will take, hopefulyl not too long so I can be up and mobile again.

See you all soon I hope,

Stuart
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

2. Re: Off the road for a while 
    Why won't 'she' pay for the repairs?

Is this someone you know?

Bad luck btw
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

3. Re: Off the road for a while 
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_richie
    Why won't 'she' pay for the repairs?

Is this someone you know?

Bad luck btw
    I just spoke with her on the phone and told her how much a replacement fairing is for my bike, and obviously it would need to be fitted and sprayed, and she doesn't even have that available, so the extra money needed for the other repairs and check over will also be out of her reach, so its going through the insurance companies.

Not sure if I will be able to claim a hire bike to use while mine is off the road, and not sure how much I will get for her if or when they write her off. I am hoping to do a deal where I get as much as I can in cash and keep the bike, but will see what happens.
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

4. Re: Off the road for a while 
    Platinum Member
    sorry to hear your bikes been damaged stuart,if you manage to get a payout from the insurance and are able to keep the bike it may be worth looking on ebay for parts to repare her.Regards Steve

5. Re: Off the road for a while 
    Sorry to hear about that - stupid female! >
    Real bad luck landing on the kerb and holing the case like that

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

6. Re: Off the road for a while 
    really sorry to hear that mate, hopefully it goes through pretty quickly for you
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

7. Re: Off the road for a while 
    Platinum Member
    That’s bad news

I suspect you’re right the insurance will write the bike off for you.

I would try and get a hire bike

8. Re: Off the road for a while 
    OK an update as to whats going on...

Firstly my insurance company is picking up my bike and dropping off a 650 Bandit for me to ride while the claim is being sorted out. So a bit of a happy note there, at least I am not going to be without any form of transport while this is sorted out.

And now the not so good bit. I have not been able to get hold of the girl that hit the bke since the evening of the day it happened. I have sent text messages with my contact details on it, and left a message on her voice mail over the past 2 days, nothing. She was here visiting the couple that live over the road, so I went to see them, know them very well, so wasn't worried. I spoke to Steve, and it turns out it was his sister in law that hit my bike, and he's not sure she is insured. He's pretty certain that she doesn't have a full driving license, and not sure if she even has a provissional, and if she doesn't then he doubts very much she has kept up her insurance payments.

His wife is going to be on the phone and sorting it out for me, but from what he's saying I shouldn't hold my breath. He is also gettign her address and other details for me as well. So not sure what happens now, but I am pretty sure that I'm not going to come out of it ahead of the game, or even in the same place I was before she hit the bike.

9. Re: Off the road for a while 
    Platinum Member
    Hunar Wrote
    and he's not sure she is insured. He's pretty certain that she doesn't have a full driving license, and not sure if she even has a provissional, and if she doesn't then he doubts very much she has kept up her insurance payments.
    Hunar you are taking this news very well I would be lived

Who’s going to end up paying for the hire bike if she has no insurance?

10. Re: Off the road for a while 
    Good news about getting a temporary bike, plus a 650 bandit is quite cool That sucks about her possibly being uninsured, it really makes my blood boil when people do that...why should we pay our premiums every year only for some people to think they're special enough to not have to. If it turns out she's either unlicensed or uninsured or both I hope she gets everything that's coming to her - she should not have been on the road in the first place!

rant over..deep breaths :P
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers