Notices

Thread: got my DAS next thursday

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: got my DAS next thursday 
    Diamond Member
    Thanks guys i am confident so hopfully it will pay off, cheers for the tips i will keep them in mind

Quote Originally Posted by igbell
    Hi Ryan

Are you doing the old test setup or do you have to do the long test??
    Also which price did you have to pay, as some were saying they had to pay the new price for the new test but then had to run the old test.....
    I nearly had to do the new test but its been delayed till march i belive? i am taking the old test and i paid 420 for a 2 day course training all day tommorow and before my test thursday thats for the hire of the bike an everything aswell.

Ill let u all know how i get on

2. Re: got my DAS next thursday 
    Most of the advice has been covered already, so I can only really echo whats been said.

I should have failed my test as I brushed the kerb on my 'u-turn in the road', but he passed me as the rest of the ride was 'totally confident and excellent control, a real pleasure to follow', and I didn't put my foot down when I brushed the kerb, and kept the bike under control.

over confidence can be a problem though, so don't get too cocky. You know what you're doing, you wouldn't be taking your test if you didn't, the examiner is looking for a confident rider, keep checking those mirrors, and make sure you move your head when looking and not just your eyes, the examiner cannot see your eyes, so the only way they will know you are doing ALL your observations is when you head moves.

Don't worry about the odd mistake (as long as you haven't done anything dangerous, like jump a red light), the examiner should expect nerves, what they will be looking for is how you recover, if you go too pieces they will look badly on it, if you carry on and don't let it worry you, and carry on with a confident ride you will most likely find they will overlook it.

The best bit of advice there is....

Enjoy the ride and relax, being tense will cause you to lock up, you need to flow, spend a few mins chilling before the ride, big deep breaths if you're feeling anxious, worked wonders for me.

Good luck, relax, have fun, and remember your mirrors, you'll do fine!
    Don't get confused between my personality and my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are...

3. Re: got my DAS next thursday 
    Diamond Member
    Good luck for today!!

4. Re: got my DAS next thursday 
    hope all went well

5. Re: got my DAS next thursday 
    Hope all went well. Weather has been a bit nasty for you.
    A friend of mine past his last Tuesday and was over the moon.

Cheers

Kev

6. Re: got my DAS next thursday 
    Diamond Member
    SO how did it go??

7. Re: got my DAS next thursday 
    Hi Ryan. How did your test go? Good news, I hope.

8. Re: got my DAS next thursday 
    Diamond Member
    PASSED ;D ;D big celebrations tonight as it was my 21st yesterday aswell lol, i was soooo nervous and the weather dident help but it was all fine passed with 0 minors aswell, cheers for the advise guys

Off to basingstoke or maybe swindon today to shop for a decent helmet and a good jacket an trousers, hopfully be looking to buy a bike next weekend, are you guys still meeting through this time of year or do you wait for the summer?

9. Re: got my DAS next thursday 
    well done mate all good and happy bday ya we still get a few meeting sat the sally on a thurs just all deppens on what the weather is doing so what bike you looking for ???

10. Re: got my DAS next thursday 
    Diamond Member
    thankyou im looking at getting a GSXR750 but i want to test ride one first to make sure i like it as ive heard they arent the comfyest of bikes wich is obvious sports bikes wont be.