Notices

Thread: any tips

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: any tips 
    Back in the 70's when you took a test with NO training most people failed because they made habbit mistakes.

The best advice was too ride the week before as if you were on your test.

You looked a dick head but once passed you went back to being a lunatic again.

Back in the early 70's you did not have to have mirrors fitted on the test. People actually removed them for the test so they would remember to look behind..

2. Re: any tips 
    Q - How does the examiner know how much braking you are using? A - He doesn't
    If it was the rear wheel that locked I would suggest applying a small amount of rear brake, the examiner will only see that your foot has applied pressure to the lever, so that you're not even really using the rear brake. If it was the front, then don't squeeze so hard, apply a bit of pressure so that the pads bite the disc and the weight is pushed over the front wheel, then apply further pressure until just short of stopping, then release some pressure to stop the nosedive. You will pass as long as it safe, legal and under control. Remember it is just a quicker stop than normal, it's not as if some pillock has just pulled out in front of you so you are not going for the shortest stop record.

3. Re: any tips 
    Diamond Member
    Or like the old tests where the examiner used to step out in the road in front of you.......DOH!!!

4. Re: any tips 
    nicko600- the examinar is just off the kurb when he puts his hand out for the emergancy stop. and the the only reason i locked up was because i never used any back brake at all i never do so its a habbit tbh, but tomorrow i will be using it a lot.

igbell-like i said just off the kurb and sticks his hand acrose the road

5. Re: any tips 
    Platinum Member
    How did it go today?

6. Re: any tips 
    test didnt happen because of the side roads being to icey :-/ :-/. but when i got back home i jumped on my bike all the side raods i went on were fine just a little bit of slush on the side of the road.

7. Re: any tips 
    Platinum Member
    Go careful out there - have they said when you test will be?

8. Re: any tips 
    yeah they have its on the 12th jan with a later time so i can go out atleast. will let you guys how i get on with good news i hope. ;D ;D

9. Re: any tips 
    hey everyone just a quiky. and to say i PASSED finally ;D ;D

10. Re: any tips 
    Platinum Member
    Congratulations