Notices

Thread: California Bike School

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. California Bike School 
    Platinum Member
    Has anyone been to California Bike School?

I had some vouchers for crimbo so will be booking myself in for the Spring. I have heard very good things about it so am looking forward to it in order to get my confidence up etc etc

2. Re: California Bike School 
    BB did this a couple years ago One of the things I keep meaning to do when I have spare funds!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

3. Re: California Bike School 
    Platinum Member
    yep - not cheap by any stretch of the imagination but def worth it from what i hear. Was thinking of booking it at silverstone as that appears to be the closest track

4. Re: California Bike School 
    Yes, I did level 1 at Silverstone and recommend it - it is expensive but I found it very good. 8-)

BB
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

5. Re: California Bike School 

If it comes recommended by you guys (cheers BB) rather than a sponsored mag (mention-this-and-you-journo-guys-can-have-a-few-days-free) type of thing that goes on, well...... I'm there

Prob. 7th Aug @ The 'Stone 8-)

It'll soon come round

6. Re: California Bike School 
    Platinum Member
    One of if not the best track schools about both in the UK and across the pond - tuition is spot on - really does make you realise what you've been wrong and improve so much.

Plus when you've done enough levels you can go on the drift bike

7. Re: California Bike School 
    Hi just spotted this post - I am planning to do some training with these guys too this year - certainly Levels 1 & 2. Perhaps we can get a small group to go together - makes travel to/from less of an issue.

I have done Ron Haslam school for 600 and 1000cc Fireblades thats awesome but you just go fast without always knowing why ! Californian teaches you so you know what happens if you do different things.

8. Re: California Bike School 
    Platinum Member
    I have heard that the Ron Haslam race school is worth doing Baza, i plan to get along to one of these this year!! is it worth doing?

9. Re: California Bike School 
    CSS is definitely on my 'biking to do' list this year......as it is every year *ahem*
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

10. Re: California Bike School 
    Hi Crewy I did the 600 one year and the fireblades the following year and I really enjoyed it - helped me no end as I had only passed test year before - on the 600cc on the day it tipped down all day and made my wet riding 200% better - fireblades were awesome as we passed the 600cc groups on outside and inside of bends and a rate of knots I didn't think I was capable of ! highly recommend both course, tho you have to do 600cc before they will let you loose on fireblades (which have data logging etc so they use that between sessions to analyse your ride and see how your improving on weak areas each session ;D