Notices

Thread: Scooter boys, and girls

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Scooter boys, and girls 
    I grew up near Highworth and hung about on my AP50, believe me there isn't much else to do there of an evening if you're 16 or 17!! Are the kids on twist'n'gos interested in bikes or just waiting until they can get a body kitted Vauxhall Nova?! Good luck with it anyway!

2. Re: Scooter boys, and girls 
    I'll be glad when they change the ages and how to obtain a licence later on this year...I never got into bikes till I was 19 and to be honest I think even that's too young I didn't have a clue then!

This CBT stuff though needs to be canned...just having a quick whizz about with an instructor for a day then automatically being let loose on the public via 2 wheels is just plain wrong!

Good to see someone trying the "education" route, but think you might be fighting a loosing battle on this one.

3. Re: Scooter boys, and girls 
    AP50. I had one of those.
    Faster than the FS1E.
    Anyway scooter riders, nothing that a gallon of petrol and a match wouldn't sort out (sorry I think the petrol option is probably to expensive these days)

4. Re: Scooter boys, and girls 
    OK, how is this then? turn up for the day on your scooter and L plates. Spend a couple of hours listening to a police biker in very much the same way to bike safe for all those that have attended. Show them some Blood and guts pictures, I have access to these and I can even try to obtain permission from families to show them what people look like when they are frozen.

So please don't anybody sign me up to various dating pages my email is r_dentry@hotmail.com if you would like to help please contact me, I'll call into Abbey as they are on my patch, and speak to Rat and see if we can use her venue???

5. Re: Scooter boys, and girls 
    bikerbabe
    that sounds likea very good idea rob i would love to give you a hand but i am with out wheels at the moment

6. Re: Scooter boys, and girls 
    already a large scooter club in the swindon area but at the end of the day if these riders wanted to be part of a club they would, the danger is they start to think its a lecture which will kill any interest before it starts

7. Re: Scooter boys, and girls 
    A hook you all say to get them to turn up. how about a mini moto circuit? and some stunt riders. 2 things which i can get, Abbey rider have offered a car park of an evening. And I have looked into getting CBT cert's revoked if your braking rules. any other thoughts? and arriving on a bike isn't a must if you can help.

8. Re: Scooter boys, and girls 
    bikerbabe
    getting cbt cert's revoked now that does sound like a good idea and so does the mini moto circuit never been to one my self but always fancied having a go (big kid that i am )

9. Re: Scooter boys, and girls 
    Sue600
    Quote Originally Posted by pedalingfool
    A hook you all say to get them to turn up. how about a mini moto circuit? and some stunt riders. 2 things which i can get, Abbey rider have offered a car park of an evening. And I have looked into getting CBT cert's revoked if your braking rules. any other thoughts? and arriving on a bike isn't a must if you can help.
    Sounds good.. just asked my boys (being typical teens) they thought it sounds worth turning up for ;D Willing to help out anyway I can, as long as I'm not working or have prior arrangements. Can always do something on the preparation side behind the scenes if necessary. Will send you my contact details

Sue

10. Re: Scooter boys, and girls 
    Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pedalingfool
    arriving on a bike isn't a must if you can help.
    OK, ok, Im in!

If you want some Radio publicity give me a shout as I have some contacts via BBC Swindon/Wiltshire and GWR FM (Probably the better one to use!) Also might be worth trying to see if we could get someone in the media to attend... (GWR FM might charge for this tho unless youcan pull a few strings at your end!!)

Ive got a alley next to my house, affectionatly known as "Dog sh*t alley" and we are always having scooters & mini motos going up and down it, 2-up, no helmets, etc, etc. Ive tried to do my bit but they tend to say - please go away, you nice person. (Polite translation!!!) There a chap 2 doors down from me who takes great pleasure in reporting the little "Darlings" to the Police, so they will get the bikes crushed!! He got a bit p*ssed off when he found out my son has got a mini moto, as he came running out to catch him, saw me and ran, growling under his breath!! ;D 8-)